PMR, FOOT PROBLEMS

Posted , 4 users are following.

ANYONE HAVE FOOT PROBLEMS, I.E., NAVICULAR SYNDROME, and PMR. Thanks.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Not something I have come across before Kathy, even with hundreds of members on the forums. Many of us have had foot pain when PMR started - most describe it as feeling as if we are walking on sharp pebbles or someone is squeezing our feet hard. I could not walk barefoot for a long time, even across the bedroom, I could only move as if flat footed where in fact I have a very high instep. But never heard any mention of navicular syndrome, sorry.
  • Posted

Yes, arthritis of both feet which developed since October 2014.  Have had PMR about 3 years but was not diagnosed until after a year and a half.
  • Posted

Hi describe exactly

I gather the nav is dropping as you walk etc so let me know

• Posted

I was on holiday all of NOVEMBER, wearing flip flops when not p,ayong tennis or golf...when all of a sudden the navicular bone on my left foot was protruding and very painful I had both navicular bones (both feet) removed when I was 16 yrs old! I am 68 now...PMR for almost a year. It feels better when I stay off my feet and ice it. I saw a podiatrist in November and he said the ice, taping and rest were the right thing. I can stand on my tip-toes, so no fracture (that's what the dr said). Because of taking the prednisone (9mg daily) I can only take TYLENOL for pain. Thanks.
  • Posted

Hi kathy, no I've never suffered from such a problem but my best friends horse did!

today however, for the very first time I was walking around the supermarket and my right foot went numb? It was quite the oddest feeling, my foot went very heavy and numb and then within the minute it was ok? Go figure that one. Christina 

• Posted

Very odd thing to do remove nav bones so you have now got a midfoot collapse without the arch piece your medial cuneiform are collapsing

have you checked its not charcot disease

the midfoot indicates an ankle equinus because of this as you try to walk through and over as the tibia Can't progress forward the next place of weakness are the tarsal bones and knees to keep the body in a dagital plane

you will also have weak peronSal tendons

it's not mendable but can be treated by accomodative orthotics and manipulation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.