PMR. My best friend has this disease and had a flare up today and i dont know what to do for her pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

my best friend has PMR . Im not really even sure what it stands for i only know that shes takes Prednisone daily. shes been seeing a chiropractor for neck pain and today her legs are having excruciating pain and i dont know how to help her. please someone can you give me some direction?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry it has taken so long to reply to you. This forum is really quiet these days. I recommend you go to HealthUnlocked, where you will find a very active PMR forum (PMRGCAuk). How lucky your friend is to have someone like you to help.

A chiropractor may not be the best person to help someone with PMR. Even physiotherapy which is usually more gentle can be hard on such a patient unless the physiotherapist really understands how PMR affects a person's tolerance of exercise.

Your friend may have referred pain from her spine, and as it seems the chiropractor did something which caused it, best she not return for further treatment. Perhaps her doctor should order some x-rays if she hasn't had her spine, including neck, x-rayed? I happen to have had osteoarthritis a lot longer than i've had PMR (polymyalgia rheumatica) and I know that nerves which get compressed in the spine for whatever reason can cause pain in places you might not expect.

But if you can find us on HealthUnlocked you will get a lot of good advice. I'm sorry I can't give you the link. Whenever I try it is deleted.

If the private message function is working again (it wasn't last time I tried) I can send the link that way, so I'll try that.

• Posted

Sorry, I can't send a private message. 😦 Please do try to google us as I described in my longer reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.