PMR or not ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Looking for advice. I have been a PMR sufferer for five years now. I am on a dose of 7 mg prednisolone and have been for some time. Have been doing relatively ok on this amount. Not perfectly without pain but copable with paracetomol from time to time.

lately my left shoulder ,top of left arm seems exceptionally stiff,also neck and I have been experiencing what feels like muscle spasms just under my clavicle. Has anyone else had this experience?

Do not want to increase pred unless I have to as I have worked so hard to get down to

the dose I am now.

regards

Barbara

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I believe this sort of thing does occur with PMR, possibly as part of the disease, but pred can cause muscle weakening and that can lead to other issues if we aren't careful. Look up on the internet HealthUnlocked, the PMRGCAuk community where you will find a great many more people who can offer good advice and support This site, unfortunately , has got very quiet over the past couple of years owing to some ill-advised technical changes.

Have you an opportunity for some physiotherapy (preferably from a practitioner who has some knowledge of PMR?

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I will have a look at the site you mentioned. As for

physiotherapy,I would have to probably go private as waiting lists where I live in Lanarkshire Scotland are awful. That is even if they are up and running yet because of Covid concerns. Your suggestion of one who knows about PMR is a very valid point though . I am just so annoyed at this latest blip when I had been doing quite well for so long and of course we all then start to dwell on something we have not experienced w before.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

Regards,

Barbara

• Posted

If you make it over to HealthUnlocked I am HeronNS there! There are other more experienced people on the forum so you will get good advice.

• Posted

Try over on the HealthUnlocked PMRGCAuk forum - this one is practically defunct whereas that is one of the most active forums around. It is also far easier to use which is why this is deserted - patient.info made it hard work and we all drifted away. If they don't tell us there is new stuff to read on a thread - what's the point?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.