PMR, prednisone

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am now about 16 months into the PMR, coming off of a flare (reducing 7 mg to 6 mg) and I am following the valuable advice of this forum! I have noticed, since the flare, that my days of exhaustion are unpredictable. Eating right, resting, activity level, stress...one day I can barely get up mid-day, the next day is ok.

Is this typical "flare consequences"? Thanks for any input.

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

18 months into PMR I am down to 4, just take is very slow and easy.  My

flares are precipitated by stress every time, never see it coming but in

retrospect "overdoing it" physically and worry (a waste of time, when will 

I learn) and down I go - then I'm forced to rest and I'm OK for several

weeks until it pops up again.  I try not to increase my prednisone at this time

but take Tylenol as needed, everything eventually rights itself.  That's my way

of dealing with this wretched disease, I  don't know if it works this way for others.

Good luck Kathy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.