Pmr prednisone and breast enlargement

Posted , 11 users are following.

im sure ive read about this before but now i cant find it. ive been on pred since sept 2016; am currently at 5 mg. it seems my breasts are getting larger. not sore, just bigger. since im kinda skinny (5'3" and 116 pounds) , its noticeable, at least to me. i havent gained weight recently. anyone else notice this? im thinking its long term pred use. i just talked with another pred friend this morning who has had pmr for 14 years; she said she noticed the same thing. thank you.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I certainly needed bigger bras but it was general weight gain and went back to normal once I got rid of 35lbs of PMR and pred associated weight gain! I just read a post on another forum where someone said that being on pred gave them a convex rather than concave chest shape for the first time in her life!

• Posted

Yes, this has come up before and one said "my cups runneth over". Still laugh over it.

Everything runs on excess - even the epilator! Though I lost a bit in the eyebrows and lashes. It all subsides eventually.

• Posted

a good one! thank you, i feel all better now. looking forward to the subsiding part, arent we all?

• Posted

Got the moonface and revelled in no-lines?

Nice to have them back.

• Posted

I cant quite understand it you are complaining or boasting 😃 . You can start rumors on new breast enlargement technique - no surgery necessary 😃... I did not notice any change, but again it would be a bit strange for men to have the same "

• Posted

HAHA, sorta. im jist a worrywart, i guess. this is tmi but because of my pred body that cant stand anything tight, i already buy size 2X bras at the big box stores. i swim in them but at least they arent tight. wonder what size i need now?

• Posted

If only you could carry them around for a month !!!!! It never ever occurred to me that Pred could be partly responsible. (I would put a mortified looking emoji here if only I knew how on this new 'site'. I have been blaming all my ancestors for leaving me with this burden.

• Posted

Yes, mine grew, as did my stomach! I don't like it one bit. None of my bras fit and had to go out and get sports bras just to be comfortable. I suspect it was from pred weight gain.

• Posted

Same here...disconcerting because i am (was) kinda skinny before pred. too skinny. now my tummy weight gain is blobby, very unnatural for me. think we'll get back to normal after we get off the stuff?

• Posted

I know people who have - albeit a 5 or 6 year older normal.

• Posted

oh yeah...i keep forgetting about that part. although i look so much older right now than my non-pmr friends.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.