pms causing increase anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi this posts for the ladies i seem to notice a week before my periods i get worse anxiety and bad mood swings. Ive always got anxiety but it goes really bad during that time of the month im wondering if any ladies on here no of any natural remedies that can ease the mood swings? Also does any one else get joint pain more around pms thanks guys.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

yes my anxiety worsens too around before period. I need some info on this. I think diet really helps more than we realise.
    • Posted

Hi lattifa thanks for replying im glad im not the only one that gets worse during pms my ocd also gets worse. Ive seen my doctor and had hormone tests they come back normal he suggested vitamin b6 I have taken it for a month but I found it made me feel edgy so stopped. My doctor also suggested a ssri but I said no. I actually dread getting my periods cause of this on top of the increase anxiety and ocd my mood swings are bad and the bloating also my pms use to be a few days now I get pms for 8/9 days its horrible.
    • Posted

so do I get it for about 8 to 9 days too. I'm on antidepresants, not because of pms, it's a long storey but because of an antidepresant my anxiety increased to the max with panic attack and led to severe depression. try to avoid AD IF YOU CAN .try yoga and eating well lots of veg and fish.
    • Posted

Hi lattifa its horrible Having pms for so long I use to only get pms for a few days in a way we both get two weeks of normal then two weeks of hell. Im staying of antidepressants ive heard alot of people getting worse so this scared me of them plus one of my ocd fears is medication side effects so its nearly impossible to give me any medications. Im changing my diet im trying to find ways to get more vegetables in my day and ive been taking a magnesium supplement ive read alot of women say its helped there anxiety and pms cant hurt to try. I hope you also get on top of this pms and the ongoing depression and anxiety its a horrid illness
    • Posted

yes I developed a phobia of pills now as I was wrongly prescribed antidepresants in the first place I only had one and I had an awful reacting that gave me the worst panic attack of my life , I stopped immediately but the panic attacks kept coming every day for a month and I got depressed and lost a stone in weight. I thought I was going mad, so my dr persuaded me to take AD as I was getting worse and worse I was so so scared . but after almost 5 weeks of pure hello there AD I'm now a lot better . the meds worked for me and I'm now scared to stop them. but the anxiety does flare up before my period.
    • Posted

Sorry you had such a rough time with the antidepressants but its great there working now I took luvox for 8 days and I felt worse it was like my head was full of cotton I felt awful so I stopped them

I wish you luck and hope your pms calms down.

• Posted

I dread my period too! Never used to have a problem before my doc f**ked up my tablets! I struggle around 2 weeks before my period is due, like you my anxiety is sky high but I also get really down and tearful

I am currently taking 40mg of Paroxetine and have been on this dose for just over a week x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.