Pms making me feel sad

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have OCD, depression, anxiety and I’m on medication and I have gotten much better. I have tried to kill myseld but with medication and therapy I started to feel soooo much better and didn’t feel suicidal, I wanted to live. 

All of a sudden the past 3 days I have  been so down, feeling like what is the point of being here, feeling a bit suicidal, it’s just so horrible! I don’t know if it is because I am due on my period and that it’s just pms.

I’ve never really got pms before but I just feel sad, irritated and just feeling really really low for no reason, I was doing so well and now it just feels like I am back to where I was like 9 months ago.

It’s a horrible feeling, is it just pms? It has literally come out of no where and I don’t know why? 

Please let me know thank you sad 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Leah, sorry to hear you are feeling down. I too suffer from OCD, anxiety and mild depression. It can make you feel horrible and i feel like my head is going to explode sometimes. I was actually feeling ok for a couple of weeks and then my period started last week and ive had horrible intrusive thoughts from the OCD again. I try to occupy my mind by reading or other hobbies as i always feel so much worse when i have nothing to do and sit there thinking. It might be best seeing your doctor? they may be able to switch your medication and see if that helps. Are you still in therapy now? they might be able to suggest some new coping tools as i do think PMS makes things worse in my case so it must happen to others as well. Hope you feel better, im here if you need to talk to someone as i can relate to what you are going through smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.