PND That Causes Bitter Taste In Mouth and Halitosis?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since middle school, my social life has suffered because of a 24/7 PND-induced bitter taste in my mouth, which accompanies halitosis. I can see the mucous in the back of my throat causing the problem; it is cloudy in color and thick in consistency. Despite all the mucous, I do not exhibit symptoms of allergies, sinusitis, or acid reflux/Lpr; I do not experience sinus pressure, headaches, heart burn, sore throat, coughing, etc. I am absolutely clueless as to what is causing this social life-killing condition. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey troy97983, I am sorry that for so long you have to go through this. I understand sometimes when you have sinus infection with post nasal drip, you can get halitosis for time period especially that fishy smell. Chronic sinusitis does not cause acute symptoms like headache, fever. if you have post nasal drip then most probably that might be the source. But it is always good to exclude other causes like dental issues and not very common cause is Zenker's diverticulum, but with that you regurgitate food from previous days, If that is not teh case then most probably that might be due to post nasal drip....You can always cleanse your sinus passage with medications through Neti pot and later with normal saline and see if that helps. Someone here in this forum told me about iodine solution to cleanse the sinus passage. Hope this help. The key is to keep the drainage flowing so it is not stored in sinuses and doesn't breed any bacteria or fungi or viruses.

• Posted

i have the same problem since 2 years .. dont know its sinus or what ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.