Pneumatic boots air walker - "Snug Not Tight"?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi there,

I have a fracture to my ankle, I've been in a cast for 2 weeks and have now been put in a Pneumatic boot air cast type boot (has air pumps on either side of calf) but when the doctors described "Snug but not tight" what on earth were they on about? I pumped it to what I thought was right but every now and then I could feel my lower leg/ankle pulse a bit. I freaked out and released the air on both sides but is that normal to feel pulsing? As you can tell I've never broken a bone before so how the recovery, the random tingles, swelling is all new to me and I'm nervous that by not using the boot correctly it will do more damage than good.

Advice on how the boot should really feel and how your ankle should feel (pulses, tingles, temperature etc) during recovery would be super helpful.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.