Pneumothorax 9×!!! Severe sleep apnea with snoring, I feel contributes to this

Posted , 1 user is following.

I encountered my first pneumothorax at age 17, and 3 mths later it happened 2 more times. I have been told it was due to being underweight, running, high impact aerobics, smoking... I quit smoking, it happened again, I put on weight..happened again, stopped high impact aerobics and running.. And yet again. Overall, has happened 7 times on the left, and 2 times on the right. I've tried every elimination of the DR.s findings and still happens. Very discouraging!! And very painful!! Dr told me I have Congenital cysts and blebs on the outer lining of my lung, and it just seems to be spontaneous, and only happens in the time that I sleep. I wake up, only to not be able to get up with the feeling of an elephant sitting on my chest...Frankly, in my option I feel my severe sleep apnea is a contributing factor. I seem to snore like a 300lb person... And only collapses after a night of sleeping, which isnt well rested due to the amount of interruptions I have each hour. I wish I had a Dr that could put a stop to Pneumothorax, so as to have a normal life. I enjoy low impact exercise, and stay toned, live life and dont think about it daily. I always yawn and feel fatigued continuously..but we roll on!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Can they treat your sleep issues with a CPAP machine or something and see if that helps?
    • Posted

After I had a sleep study done, I was told I have over 90 occurances (interruptions) in an hour period. Meaning I don't get the required REM rest. Because of my lung issues they stated it was not an option because the air is forced into you. Also, because it is so severe I require a surgery to cauterize the back of my throat and airway. For some reason I can't seem to find medical coverage for this, as they consider it to be elective....I was like, what?? Hello? My breathing, sleeping well, etc, these are issues which I don't wish to have, not have some kind of plastic surgery.... I don't understand it myself!!

I can't scuba dive, go up in airplanes that are not pressure controlled and thensome..

• Posted

Thank you, we just have to take things as they come...live life to it fullest!! Wish you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.