and biting my cheeks apple red.

I used to run to smell the burning wood

from the chimneys.

I used to run to see the fall decorations

gracing the fronts of the houses,

I used to run to hear my feet rattle

through the falling leaves,

I used to run to feel the ease of my body,

how good the muscles felt as they warmed.

To feel as graceful as a deer,

as fast as a pather.

I could run forever, then.

I used to run.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Did you write that poem?its beautifull,thank you ,lisa
  • Posted

Nice poem. Is this something that you do as a profession or hobby or was it out of the blue? I really liked it . If I ever get over the pain I willl finish my internship and begin teaching . I plan to teach poetry as it is becomeing a loss part of writing and reading.
  • Posted

Thank you all for the kudos.  I appreciate it.  I wrote this poem yesterday, as I was watching the rain fall.  I can feel autumn in the wind.  I want to be out of this house and in the world.  It can't happen now, I know.  But, I do watch it through my window.

Right now, I am not a professional anything.  I don't have the energy to do much anymore.  But, I could write a poem, yesterday.  Nice and short.

• Posted

very good and sums up how i feel about it all, that poem descibes it so well!
  • Posted

That was lovely, but there will be good days ahead when you'll be able to get out and about again I'm sure. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.