Point me in the right direction

Posted , 3 users are following.

Guys I’m at my wits end, I’m a 23 year old male and my health is falling apart with no apprent cause, I’ve diagnosed everything to myself and tried to fix it, my doctor is absolutely useless and unwilling to investigate further. If I list my symptoms etc can you guys point me in the right direction, it’s also worth mentioning my bloods have been done and all of my vitamins, thyroid is normal etc

Symptoms ALL THE TIME:

Fatigue

Lethargy

Headaches

Anxiety 

Depression

Irritability (angry)

Constipation

Bloating 

Poor circulation

Tingling in my left temple (sometimes)

Medications I’m on:

Sertraline 50mg for 4 years, currently coming off this but have been poorly for a year so unrelated

I also take vitamins to boost whatever needs boosting. All my doctor can give me is chronic fatigue, because he can’t be arsed to investigate further. Can somebody suggest conditions I should look into, or what I should do? I’m really reallly depressed with this, it’s ruining my life I have NO energy, I used to go the gym everyday now I go once or twice a week and it’s pointless with my energy levels.

Thank you x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Dan, I wasn't certain whether the link would need approving, it doesn't!

Did you look at the side effects of the drug you take?  They are pretty much everything you list.

Personally, I wouldn't take supplements, I would ask my GP's advice.  Go to the gym twice a week if only for the social point of view.  Then eat a good diet & if you do eat a varied diet, you won't need supplements.

Do you have friends locally?  Try to meet up with them.

Your GP is your ally, don't alienate him, you say you have had all the usual blood tests & everything appears ok.  Build on that Dan.  Good luck

• Posted

Thanks for your response. I’ve been on sertraline for 4 years, it’s very unlikely this is the problem as I’ve only been getting sick for a year. My doctor is absolutely anything but my ally, he’s extremely rude, disregarding, and overall useless 
    • Posted

Can you change surgeries? 

It is possible for the side effects to start later, have you tried talking to the pharmacist about them?

It is also possible that some otc products don't mix with the prescribed drug.

And, you say you had blood tests, was that long ago because it may be worth redoing them

• Posted

Please look up CIRS, all of you symptoms are symptoms of CIRS. Did you move, change jobs anything prior to your symptoms starting? Good Luck!
    • Posted

Hey, I did move but i dont think CIRS is the problem here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.