Point of getting better??

Posted , 5 users are following.

The past four days was great. I had no anxiety. It was completely nonexistent. I went out and walked, shopped, ate junk food, and didn't let my heart palps scare me, all of which I haven't allowed myself to really do in six months due to fear.. Now today I feel the anxiety coming back.. What do you guys do to keep the good days going? I don't want to get back into the slump I've been in.

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

The next time you start to feel the symptoms of anxiety and stress, try to flip the switch.  Pause for a moment, maybe close your eyes, and see your body's response as a way to help you through the feelings of anxiety.  Your heart pounding makes you pay attention to your breath, which reminds you that you're alive, safe and well.
  • Posted

CBT a very cheap but effective therapy would help with this.

The therapist gives you "homework" as she calls it and one of them is exposure.

Since December I have hardly been able to leave the house due to anxiety but now I can go on the bus all be it only short journeys but every week I go a bit further  and Im OK I dont panic and constantly reassure myself I  will be ok As for the fast food thing I have had to make changes in my life I LOVE coffee but I cant touch it now because it makes my anxiety worse I dont think therapy will help with that infortunatly.

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?
    • Posted

No I was referred to a psychiatrist but I can't make my first appointment until my insurance clears which is anywhere up to 4 weeks
    • Posted

Be sure whoever  you see teaches you self calm tools and techniques. Just talk therapy and therapist sitting there won't do much except trigger all your fears. Just make sure they teach  cbt as well. Some are great and some really stink. You get to choose so if you dont click by second visit change dr. You will know.
    • Posted

i'm sorry to hear that. 

Is there some sort of crisis line you can call in the meantime?

• Posted

Happens. I have gone years without too only for it to return. I have no clue why. Theres others on here that that happened too as well. Its never as intense as the first time you have it in terms of actual terror. You know what it is. Always get an exam, always check it out when it returns. We age so other hormone stuff comes into to play too. It all sucks but be grateful for the breaks. It will pass again. Sometimes takes a while. Keep in your head it will pass. I get months a time where im good now, it used to be years.i stay on here either way i think its theraputic for me and we all need to help the newer people who are so scared. Its still scary but knowing it does pass is wonderful. Just dont know when. I use to think because i went back to eating whatever i wanted and a busier lifestyle it came back to bite me in the butt, but now i think it just happens and any big stress can trigger it. Stay strong it will pass again. It will. When you have good days go and enjoy life to the fullest that i have learned. You need that to use as a hope and faith thing when it acts up.
  • Posted

For me its always diverting my mind to something else. I had a terrible panik attack in a crowded bus once and since then, am rilly scared. The thing that made me better during the journey is to set my mobile to maximum brightness and to play some games.  Brightness usually will ease that stress. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.