Points for PIP assesment

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

My husband is having his face to face for award review and I have been reading his first apprecation and the decision letter.

They gave him points for "dressing and undressing" even if he ticked "No" to the questions...

We didn't realise that when we received the decision letter.

I am wondering if they considered info from his supporting docs??

He was not called for f2f by the way.

even without the points for "dressing and undressing", hes point was enough for enhanced rate.

Does anyone have any idea?

?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You could phone DWP and request the report that the assessor wrote for the previous claim.  This explains why they came to the decision they did for each activity.  It might be with dressing and undressing for example that they had decided that he would get points for washing and that the issues that cause problems with washing would normally cause similar problems with dressing.

If he didn't have a f2f last time they must have been able to make a decision based on his claim form and supporting docs so he is probably in a very strong position.  Hopefully the f2f this time will just be a formality.  Seeing the report from last time will help though as you might see that there were some areas that weren't fully understood and your husband will then be in a position to explain these points very clearly and in more detail this time.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. I will request the previous report even if it might not arrive by his f2f. 

We have been to ESA f2f but this is his first time for PIP and he is getting nervous.

We will try our best and touch wood.

Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.