Pollen Allergy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have pollen allergy, in spring I face problem in breadthing a lot. 

I am wondering if there are home solutions for this so that medicine, specially anti allergy pills can be avoided which makes me sleep all day.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

yes, you can try nasal saline rinse wash, or saline sprays. The rinse is more effective.

You can also try allergy nose plugs, you can get them on amazon or ebay, quite cheap. Or even cheaper, when you feel you start to get those runny nose, sneezing attacks, just plug your nose with a little piece of tissue for a few min.

Other than that the only thing you can do is avoid being in that environment. 

There are antihistamine srays, and tablets which don't make you sleepy.

• Posted

Thanks for useful information, but how to use saline rinse wash.
    • Posted

google: Sinus Rinse Video

the only thing you need to be careful, don't do it if your nose is badly congested, because the water might get to your ears. It happened to me, I didn't know how to use at the time, and it's very painful.

Do it very gently, push the bottle just a little bit so the water goes in on one side and gets  out on the other. 

Just do a little bit at the beginning, you don't need to use the whole bottle. I only use less than half at a time, because even though I'm very careful, I still can feel a bit of pressure in my left ear.

See how you go with it, give it a try for a few weeks at least. 

• Posted

Hi If it's spring you are probably allergic to tree pollen birch is the most common you could try prevalin from Boots to put up your nose to stop the pollen it might help your breathing but maybe ventolin from your doctors could help and not make you sleepy.
    • Posted

You mean ventolin in form of inhaler

I am been suggeted to use inhaler

but i am affraid that may be I'll be addicted to it then.

• Posted

definately don't take ventolin. If you have asthma, it's a different story.

Try the natural ones first, or you can still take antihistamine in tablet or in nasal spray forms. 

• Posted

I agree with you allergic pills make me sleepy but its effects seem to fade over the Days. If helps I was having a strong rhinitis and my GP prescribed me fexophenaldine I do not understand why but being the strongest antihistamine in the GP portfolio it is not drowsy at all for me, change tablets and try if don't work ask to your GP for a different one. In your home you may use an air filter. They seem to be well effective for pollinosis. 

In the winter check yourself if you are suitable for a private immunotherapy treatment such as grazax or polinex Quattro, that may eliminate the need for medication next season.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.