Polycystic ovarian diet book suggestions?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I'm 26 and have had polycystic ovarian syndrome diagnosed since i was 19. I have horrific periods when they actually decide to appear.

I'm wanting to sort out my weight and realise that I've been burying my head in the sand.

Does anyone recomment a polycystic ovarian diet book? I've seen a few but they all seem to be about the condition rather than realistic recipes.

Many thanks

S x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stacey🙂

had to write to you.

Can I ask are you currently trying for a baby?

i ask this because if you are not, maybe not ready, then the pill may help, regulate your periods because they are sporadic and can lessen the bleeding.

if you have pain which I had tremendous pain I had Metfemnic Acid prescribed they helped.

Though sounds like you maybe trying?

my advice and please it’s just me and from experience if you want a babyi  say get all the help you can and do what you can too.

re the diet book, it’s a personal choice but getting your BMI down is important so I think personally any good diet would benefit you.

things like that went available when I was younger. 

I’m older I never had kids circumstances didn’t allow it, a massive regret.

Dont leave it late and also please try not to get too stressed.

I also know girls with this and have had babies there’s beautiful stories out there.

take care

vicky🙂

• Posted

If you can manage or afford it I would recommend a Nutritionist. Or just do some simple steps. Eliminate all sodas, sugary drinks, etc. Drink lots of water! Oh and zero fast food sad I noticed my periods got better/more frequent when I stopped eating fast food. Also less cramps. Oh and have breakfast, lunch, Dinner at the same time everyday as best you can. With a snack between each meal time. Fruit, raw veggies, some plain yogurt, whole wheat crackers, low fat spreads, hummus, whole grain cereal, grapefruit is great too! Substitue wheat noodles and brown rice they can be very yummy and just as satisfying. The best habits to start there. Before I even started eating all the way "healthy" (hehe) I started loose weight. Don't feel discouraged if you ever start improving your diet and don't loose weight right away! Sometimes your body will burn fat and turn it into a little muscle before you shed the inches. I don't know about you but I hate exercise LOL. So sorry I dont have a cookbook but some friendly suggestions. Good luck. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.