Polycystic ovaries

Posted , 1 user is following.

so I will try to make this as short as possible...

I'm here to get some advice, to see other peoples experiences and just a bit of support really ....

I'm 22... at the age of 14/15 I was diagnosed with Polycystic ovaries.... severely... I was told both of my ovaries were covered but due to not being in pain there wasn't much they could do apart from trying different medications... as the years went on, the cysts were causing constant agonising pain and a few had burst which resulted into being kept in hospital... again they chose to do nothing because of my age... I'm now 22, was put in hospital again, periods still all over the place, still very heavy and is agony... even more so during sex... so had another examination done a few months ago and wad told the cysts were getting worse and destroying my ovaries... so I've been referred to a gynecologist to talk about keyhole surgery to remove my ovaries... they don't want to remove my womb due to seeming fine and not being affected... has anyone had similar? or had the surgery at least and what can I expect? so I can prepare myself as my anxiety is going through the roof with this all being so unfamiliar...

thank you x

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.