polymialgia and fibromialgia

Posted , 5 users are following.

I AM 43 YEARS OLD AND GENERALLY A VERY ACTIVE PERSON, KEEP FIT ETC 4 TIMES A WEEK . MY MUM HAS PMR AND MY AUNT FMR.

OVER THE LAST FEW DAYS I HAVE NOTICED A GRADUAL INCREASE IN PAIN ESPECIALLY WHEN STILL THE PAIN BEING AROUND MY HIPS AND THROUGH MY MUSCLES IN UPPER LEG, IT PEAKED TODAY I CAN HONESTLY SAY I WOULD RATHER GIVE BIRTH IT WAS SO PAINFUL, I HAVE TAKEN ANTI INFLAMMORTY TABLETS AN HOUR AGO AND IT HAS EASED THE PAIN SO MUCH, I AM WONDERING COULD THIS BE THE ONSET OF EITHER PMR OR FMR. i HAVNT EXERCISED SINCE THE 18TH DEC WHICH IS A LONG TIME FOR ME, AND WAS WONDERING IF MAYBE IT IS THE EXERCISE WHAT KEEPS THE PAIN AWAY NORMALLY AND IS THIS WHY I HAVNT NOTICED TILL NOT DOING ANYTHING AS I KNOW EXERCISE IS MEANT TO HELP EVEN THOUGH IT IS THE LAST THING I WOULD WANT TO DO IF I WAS IN THE PAIN I WAS 1HOUR AGO. i WOULD BE INTERESTED TO HEAR ANYBODYS VIEWS ON THIS , AND BY THE WAY I AM NOT A WIMP HA HA HAVE HAD 3 CHILDREN NO PAIN RELEIF !!!![/quote]

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone,

It`s good to have you back on here SES, hope you get your infection sorted out quickly. How is your daughter, hope she`s settling back into the family now.

Lizzy and Tess hope you are both ok, how`s the tiredness Tess :?: I`m still struggling to stay awake, but all my bloods were normal. No surprises there then :?: Well, Ann had a letter from the housing association today, saying there was an estimated delay in releasing the flats of about 4/6 weeks sad She was surprisingly good about it, but I guess having something in writing may make her feel better. She had her alergy tests today because of the chronic cough and low and behold she is alergic to most normal things :!: House dust, trees, plants, cats, dogs the list goes on :!:

We seem to be on track with Mum`s move, but I discovered something interesting today, she was on Tramadol for 6 weeks which has the side effect of causing confusion :!: She was much better today and has been off the drug for about 10 days. I wish I`d realised sooner, we might have saved some of the distress the added confusion caused her.

Well going to write some change of address letters for her now, take care everyone,

Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda. Lizzy and Ses

Good that Ann has heard something definite about the flat. Like you say it is better having something down on paper with a date for the move for her. Your mums move seems to be going ok for you. Will be nice when she can finally go and get settled.

I don't like the tramadol as my Dad takes it as well for pain. That is why he gets confused sometimes and it makes him very drowsy. Another reason for falling over.

He is still in hospital but off the heart monitor now and they have started him on a new medicine to help with that. They have also been looking after his ulcer while he has been in there. They were going to let him come home yesterday but have kept him in as want to get the carers into place before letting him out. They will come in the morning and again at teatime. Should be able to make sure he takes his tablets correctly. Its important with the new tablet as it thins the blood and he needs to take it regularly. He is going to have a walking frame as well so they have had measurements of his doors etc.

My Dad will hoard bits and pieces in his flat and make it difficult for moving around. My brother has been in and given it a good clean and moved things around to make it safer for him. He is so stubborn though and will bring all the bits out again lol. :cry:

Good news your bloods were alright but disppointing not knowing why you are so tired. Yes I still feel tired as well but said my bloods were ok. Put mine down to Fibro or Thyroid lol :cry: Going to give it to the end of the month and it I do not feel any better going back to see the doctor. :cry: :cry: He last did my bloods the middle of January. Still waiting on a blood test result from the hospital.

Lizzy hope Alans interviews went ok and he hears something soon.

Ses hope you are doing ok!

Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess, Linda and Ses :lol:

How are you all? Tess and Linda has the tiredness improved? The cold is making my joints a little stiff.

Tess I hope your Dad is able to go home soon. My Granny use to hoard lots of stuff, she use to give me bits and I use to take it home and mostly bin them. It still took me months to clear he bungalow after she died.

Linda i didn't know that about Tramadol you learn something new every day. Theres so much to do when you move, I hope your Mum will settle in quickly when she gets there.Ann must be getting excited about her move. Were the allergy tests done on the NHS or private?

Ses hows it going for you? Do you actually feel any better ? Does knowing help you. I hope your daughter has settled back Ok.

Well my thyroid appt. went better than I hoped, I have nodules and other bits wrong with it, but all bloods are normal apart from calcium and Vit D. He asked me about my cycle so I said what do you mean? I had forgotten about periods as I had a hysterectomy 8 years ago.So he wants to investigate my hormones. (so it could be the menopause :roll: :lol: :P )

I will feel so silly if it turns out to be the menopause. Anyway he wants the doc to give me a Vit D injection, sort out a 24 hour ECG and to treat the anxiety/depression properly. I go back in 6 months.

Take care.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi everyone,

Lizzy, glad your thyroid app went well :!: I think we feel better if just one thing goes ok. Ann had her alergy tests on NHS at the chest clinic where they are investigating her chronic cough, she doesn`t have asthma, they have confirmed that, so not sure yet what the signifcance is of the alergies! I don`t know about her being excited over the flat, she`s like a bear with a sore head cause of the long wait :!: lol Lizzy, if you don`t mind me asking, how old are you :?: I went through an early menopause at 42yrs and have never felt right since, only the other day I thought I was having hot flushes and told myself not to be stupid, but now I`m wondering if it could still be going on and that`s half the problem :!: Will be interested on how you go along with that one.

Tess, has your dad come home yet :?: I know just what you mean about moving things and then he moves them back. The Social worker told my Mum she couldn`t got home unless all the rugs were taken away, I had to bring them home with me otherwise she would have put them straight back :!:

Well, things seem to be on track for mum`s move, I was getting really wound up about it, so sat down and made a sort of timetable/plan so I could pace myself, and I hardly dare say it but it`s the first time I`ve had any success with this pacing lark :!: However I`m doing nothing in my own house, but will worry about that when the move is over.

Well have a good weekend all,

Linda

• Posted

Hi Lizzy, Linda & Ses

Yes Linda still got tiredness going on. :cry: My Joints are feeling stiff in the mornings as well with all this cold damp weather. Now got a rash come out on my neck and arm. Thought at first was a patch of excema (think i spelt that wrong). But looks different so think give it a few more days and if no better go see dr. Have been feeling really itchy at nights. Did have something called pityriarisis a few years back that started like chicken pox. Had to have stuff to put in the bath as spread all over my body but luckily not my face.

You know it could be the menopause but lets hope not. I do hope you Vit D injection goes ok.

Got Dad home today and went round to see him. Had to be there so the care nurse could fill out all the forms with the relevant information. Got carers in three times a day now. The nurses still coming to dress his ulcer. He didn't look to well and looked really pale.

Had a text message at 5 this morning from our son's fiancee to say he was at A & E in Nottingham as fainted and was not well. They put him on drip and he went home later. Said he had food poisoning. He is doing ok now but has to keep on liquids today.

I hope you are all ok.

• Posted

Hi Linda, Lizzy and Ses

How are you all today!

Linda the nursing home you mum is going to do they get help with cooking their meals etc. and do you know how much it costs to go there. Is there a website telling you all about it?

My Dad only came out of hospital yesterday and already fell over again. Luckily the nurse was there at the time treating his leg. He got a little cut on his head but is at home and ok. He has really gone down hill fast since Christmas and being in hospital. He has now got a cafeter in all the while and can't walk very well now and shuffles along. Don't think it helped his mobility with being layed up in a hospital bed for a week. He is already moaning about the carers and said they didn't help him get dressed. But he got hisself dressed before they arrived. What can you do! He is now saying he is thinking of cancelling the carers coming in. I think how things are looking he is going to need full time care sooner rather than late.

I am lucky as I have got two brothers and two sisters to talk about what we can do for him.

Hope you doing ok and things going well for your mum's move.

Lizzy has Alan heard anything more about his job interviews? Ses how is it going with you!

My son is doing ok now but got a text message from my daughter early this morning. She has been having trouble with her neighbour for loud noise. The stress of it has already upset her crohn's in the past. She had come home from a long day at work and went to bed at 11am. At 2 o'clock her neighbour decided to wake Claire up with loud music. Claire was really upset and crying on the phone as she couldn't sleep and had to be up for work again at 7.30.

She is working from 9 until 7 today. I rang her landlord who is the girls mum and dad. I woke them up and asked them to ring their daughter to turn the music down. Claire has put a complaint in at the council and it all takes time.

She did finally turn it down. I wasn't rude but explained to them that Claire doesn't need the this stress on top of a stressful job. She is going to get a letter sent from the ambu service and from her doctor to the council to help things along.

Well a long message today and sorry to go on!

Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess Linda and Ses,

Its freezing here today. Going to lite the fire in a while.

Tess I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, I take it he won't be able to just cancell his carers? How is the rash, hope its not got any worse.

Alan had a good week for interviews 2 phone ones and a person to person one. He knows he hasn't got one and is still waiting to hear from the others.

Oh no what an awful situation Clair is in, I do hope she gets the support she needs from the council, as it must be having a dreadful effect on her health and life.

Linda i will be 45 in May and I had my hysterectomy in 2002, but still have my ovaries. He asked me if I have hot flushes and I said no, as I thought the temp. problem was due to my SLE but maybe I am wrong. I do know I had really bad PMT and that all went after the hysterectomy in fact it was the best thing I ever did. I know my Mum had a really bad time and still has her moments even now at 65yrs. If it is the menopause I don't know what I will do as the mood swings are so bad and unpredictable and I am now on 150mg of antidepressants and still really bad. I'm not sure HRT is an option as heart problems run in the family. Anyway not having the test till Aug.

That sounds like a really good idea for the pacing Linda, and does it really matter if the house work is missed for a while I shouldn't worry about it. When life settles down a bit you will be able to think about the house.

Ses I hope you are well.

Take care all and wishing you all a good weekend.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Lizy

I wish I was 45. I have the same two numbers as you and will be 54 in March!

Rash is no worse but still on my neck. Keep putting a steroid cream on it see how it goes. Still a little on my arm on the inside where the crease is. He could cancel them but wouldn't have any help. Think he has just go to get use to them coming in and ask for what help he needs while they are there. Yes hope things can get sorted soon for Claire as she is buying her house and doesn't really want to move. It take so long for the council to anything as you have to keep dates and times of the noise for somewhile. They do put a machine in to record the noise but everytime Claire has it when not working she has only ever made a noise once. Do hope I get an undisturbed sleep tonight with Stewart not being here. Hopefully getting the letter sent to council from ambu service and her gp will hurry things a long if they see it is affecting her health and work.

Will keep my fingers crossed for Alan! Have a good weekend. Linda like Lizzy said just do what you have to do and pace yourself.

Tess

• Posted

Hi Lizzy and Tess,

Mum is going into St Edmunds Court, run by Housing 21, if you google it you should find the website. Has your Dad been allocated a social worker, csuse thats how Mum got put forward for assisted living. There are several in Peterborough, Mum had to go to this one because of the dementia. Hope he is ok. Poor Clair, Mum had noise trouble many years ago and it can take ages to sort. Hope she is ok too.

Lizzy is SLE the same as Lupus? that`s one of the things they are looking for in my tests at the hospital. Have to have some blood tests next week, but can`t remember what they are.

Well, hope you are all getting on better today, have been shopping for some things for Mum and now going to try and have an early night.

Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda and Tess

I hope you both had a good weekend. Its been very very cold here.

Vicky has gone off to play with the county orchestra for 3 days and then on Tue evening they put on a concert.

Peter is going to his Grandmas on thursday for the day, as she has some heavy lifting for him to do. Not sure what.

I'm hoping Alan will have some good news this week.

Tess how are you? Still tired or are you feling a little more with it.How is your Dad?

Linda yes it is a form of Lupus, mine ia the one that can attack the internal organs as it can't tell the difference between good and bad. There is also one that gives you rashes on your skin named discoid Lupus. SLE is very hard to diagnose as tests don't always come back positive, they also have to take into consideration the symptoms you have. Once on the correct medication and careful monitoring there is no reason why you shouldn't live well into old age. How is your Mum?

Take care.

Lizzy.

• Posted

Hi Lizzy and Linda

Linda i hope your blood tests go ok this week. Thanks for the name of nursing home. I hope things are all going well for your mums move. When is it she is moving in?

Lizzy yes tiredness is still there worst first thing in the morning. After

I have done my exercises not too bad and had my shower. Feel really tired again in the evening.

Dad is doing ok! My sister went to see him yesterday and said he is improving with his mobility each day. Think he needed to build his energy up. He has been having trouble with a blocked ear so that could put him off balance when walking.

Claire round the council up again today about the noise. She has requested all copies of the times she has reported about the noise so she can show them to her manager at work. They will then be able to write her a letter to help her case. We are also going to get in touch with our local councillor and see if he can do anythng to help to.

Stewart has finished his night shift now. He was at work last night for Valentines so we are going to watch a film tonight. We are going to watch the time travellors wife. I have read the book so bought the dvd to see what the film was like.

You are busy this week Lizzy with half term! Having both Sophie and Molly tomorrow. Stewart is off as well so will be good for him to spend time with them.

Tess

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.