polymyalgia without prednisolone

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had steroid treatment for 4 years 2 years off and now have a relapse. I have tried for about 8 weeks to try alternative treatment, diet etc, but have surrendered and started steroid treatment today. Feeling rather defeated.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

There are not alternative - at least, none that work!

If it is any consolation, my friends who have had PMR twice all say it was different second time round. Mostly better - and they were also more relaxed about the pred. I don't think you should feel defeated - I think you should feel good about being pragmatic.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Eileen, It helped me to hear about your friends and felt validating for my decision.

My sister-in-law did stop taking steroids some time before the end, but think it was tough.

• Posted

I had 5 years of PMR without pred - I simply wasn't diagnosed, it wasn't for lack of trying! Nothing would persuade me to go back there, I'd rather have a few less years than any more like they were.

• Posted

That must have been truly awful Eileen, I was only had to buy a new mattress and then a topper and feel I couldn't get down the steps, so it wasn't too long for me last time.

Have been on the med for about 6 days and am feeling miles better.

I do hope you are all right now.

• Posted

I flew from Munich to Denver Colarado yesterday - was knackered by the time we'd been travelling for 21 hours but after a decent night's sleep I'm fine! Pred rules!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.