Polyp in Sinus?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a maxillary sinus cyst but now I had dental scan & my ent & Rhuemy dr mentioned seeing a polyp as well in that sane sinus. Now since it was a dental scan there is no professional report of findings so it is not confirmed. I showed the image to Rhinologists & they did not mention it being a polyp.

So can I have both in the sinus?

My sinus cyst is located back of sinus by molars 15 & 14. I had 15 removed a while ago thinking that was the reason for the cyst but it did not resolve that issue. The possible polyp is right against my nose. Now Thats another issue with me having nose pain/pressure. The rhinologist doesnt think whatever is in the sinus is causing my nose pain.

No not on any meds except sinus washes & singular & just dont understand why I am not getting treated for whatever is in my sinus causing my symptoms.

In the past I have been on antibiotics but nothing long term. I have been on steroids but only for a week earlier this year. Last antibiotic was this past June.

Did u have surgery for cyst/polyp?

Not happy with the ENT's

thanks for hearing me out!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I personally haven't had polyp removal surgery (though I have had other sinus surgeries) but a good friend of mine had a few very large sinus polyps removed. Her's were so large that when she opened her mouth toy could see them hanging down in the back of her mouth it was crazy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.