Polyp in the womb

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've not had a period in 18 months and I've now started bleeding. Been sent for an urgent scan and biopsy and they've found a polyp and thickening of the womb lining and sent it for biopsy. I'm in such a nervous state it's ridiculous. I'm having panic after panic. Has anyone else had this.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Dear Deezy.

Those things are quite common, believe us wink!

How old are you, if I may ask? Have you been on HRT? Any signs of endometriosis previously?

It's most probably nothing serious at all, maybe just a symptom of oestrogen dominance in which case you'll need some natural progesterone. 

Try to do things you love and don't focus "on the problem".

Gentle hug. Teresa.

• Posted

I never had this problem. Just hang in there and think positive. Its probably nothing. Pray to God that everything will be okay. Relax try to do something to get your mind off things. 

• Posted

Hi Teresa thanks for your reply.  I am 55 and was on Norethestirone for 18 months to thin the lining of my womb and then when I came off it I never had another period until now.  The Dr sent me straight in from seeing him Wed I was in for hysteroscopy last Monday and scan.  The did say they think it could have been one last period but that I have this polyp and my womb lining was thicker than it should be,  But my nerves are playing me up awfully at the moment.  I lost my mum at the end of last year and though I do count all of my blessings I cant seem to get over these panics,  Thank you for the gentle hug.
  • Posted

Thanks Suzie.  I am praying.  I firmly believe in God.  I have also tried my best this weekend to keep myself busy,  But these panics are horrible.  Thanks again ladies.
  • Posted

Hi Deezy, I understand your anxiety I really do.  I also had an unexplained bleed but my linging etc was ok but I was really worried until I got the results.  I do know that many, many women have a thicking of the womb and polyps and 90% of them are nothing at all.  This investigation is to rule anything sinister out and is not a confirmation of any kind that there is something there to worry about!!  Be good to yourself, lots of treats and relaxing things to do until you get the results and I am sure all will be well.XX
  • Posted

Thanks Theresa really appreciate that xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.