Polyp pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has experienced gallbladder problems (particularly pain) and had a diagnosis of a polyp rather than it being stones in situ.

My appointed surgeon to be ( who looks about 13 & has the bedside manner of a table) says there is no way of knowing if this polyp is causing my probs til he takes out my gallbladder and we see what happens then.

Does seem a bit of a strange way to go about things.

As my polyp was sized at 10mm from ultrasound at end of Jan - with accompanying gallbladder inflammation - I'm aware that the outcome from his point of view is always gallbladder removal. (Have been told there may also be stones that haven't shown up on ultrasound).

I'm having acid reflux problems, feeling sick, pain over right side of my bowel (sort of above my hip...so the docs say bowel) and in my right side as well as under right ribs, in my shoulder etc so I've got to have an endoscopy & colonoscopy this week before he gives me a date for an op. Feeling a bit stressed as a result.

Anyone have a similar history? I'd really be interested in any polyp stories where the polyps have given people pain as apparently they (Drs) don't expect polyps to cause pain!!!I'd assume anything sitting in my gallbladder would aggravate it and cause pain but what would I know? !

Cheers everyone.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

There  are more in depth Scans that are there but will they use them? Best to ask a decent surgeon & never believe what an inexperience chap says........  It's often not easy to access the best doctor but if you are able to do that it is most often advisable.....  You really need a good doctor I would have thought! Don't give up because everyone is entitled to a second opinion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.