Polyp removal

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have.e h ad post menopausal bleeding so to cut a very long story short I am due to get a polyp removed by General anaesthetic on Thursday.

What I would like to know is there anyone who is very overweight like me had this done as I am absolutely scared.

The polyp is on the womb.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hello Heather. not quite the same circumstances but I have had a polyp removed.They will likely use a camera probe to see what they are doing and it's very simple to get the polyp removed with the equipment. I didn't find it painful at all, just a bit crampy. I think you'll be absolutely fine. You may bleed a day or so afterwards bit that's normal. If your feeling anxious talk to the team on the ward, I find they are fantastic and will help with all your questions or fears . it's normal to be scared as it's the unknown that freaks us out but you'll be completely fine and on the mend in no time at all. the nurses will do a grand job looking after you. good luck and best wishes for Thursday! let me know how you get on.

• Posted

it's not the polyp removal that's bothering me its the overweight and under General anaesthetic that's got me bothered.

I have had three biopsies taken its cause its big needs to be taken out under General anaesthetic and the biopsies have come back normal cells except for the last while h was too small to get ccells.

Will contact you if I survive the open. I am petrified cause I'm so fat.......Heather x

• Posted

That auto correct gets on my pigging nerves....Heather x

• Posted

Heather remember they would not put you under general anaesthetic if they didn't think it was safe for you. you'll be fine. you can let me know how you get on afterwards. good luck x

• Posted

hi Heather, just wanted to check to see how you got on today. hope all went well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.