polyps

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi just want to ask anyone if they can help me. I went to get my results about my polyp that was removed when I had my colonoscopy, and the consultant said it was some kind of tumor with a big long name that I cannot remember. He then said I'm not telling you that you have cancer but we will dicuss you at the next multi disaplinary meeting and see you in 1 month to tell you what we have decided to do. He said I would maybe need another colonoscopy in a years time but not to worry, I was so flustered I didn't ask anymore questions. I am now sat worrying, has anyone else had this kind of result. Sorry for rambling but when you are told you have a tumor you think the worst however much you are told not to worry.thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings Annie

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

maybe it was just an inflamation that turn into bubble shape. if they remove it they prolly will see if it grows again, but id say it something to do with blood circulation. you ,must cut smoking, if you do! and less on cheez or fatty fast food eat healthy stretch  alot will help circulation flow.
  • Posted

i have IBS so kinda undestand these common factors so dont worry if it was serious they would never say we do colonscopy next year trust me
  • Posted

When I had a polyp removed i was told 'the good news is, it was only small. The bad news is, it's not if it would change to cancer it was when' But then said come back in 5 years for another colonoscopy. I rang to say if it was only small but nasty, 5 years is too long to wait. I was called in to have it explained to me properly.. It sometimes the way these Doctors say things. I know it's easy to say 'don't worry' but maybe ring for an appointment and tell them to explain it again ..could be benign cyst or something like that..keep us updated, I'm sure you will be fine  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.