Polyps, can they bleed ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone got polyps , I'm supposed to have had one removed earlier in the year but bp was too high so they didn't do the op. I'm on noritthesone tablets so I do t usually bleed but the last few weeks I've been getting pink discharge and this last week blood when I've been to the loo. I'm a panicker and would like reassurance

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi puddle 66

please don't worry, I had one reminded 2 years ago, and Ikept getting spotting, they told me this was down to the polyp.

i now have another and once again getting spotting, see the gyno at the end of january, apparently once you have one you can get them again.

pkease don't worry I hope this has helped and hope you get sorted too xx

• Posted

Thanks Sue, I think I'm just having an anxious day . I wish now I'd had the op in July and not panicked so much my bp went through the roof . I'm now waiting for the doctor to let gynea know it's down but I'm trying to do it without tablets . I've changed my diet list 13 lb and walking more and it is improving it was 143/81 last week

• Posted

Awww your doing great, they are a bloody pain, apparently they are nothing serious, but like you I suffer really bad with health anxiety, and last year at this time I had an horrendous time, my BP was over 200, I was having really bad anxiety and panic attacks, I was a regular at the A&E, but I had some counselling and the difference in me has been an amazing, it's just given me a more realistic mind thought xx

• Posted

I had 1 uterine polyp removed in the summer of 2013. It bled mid cycle every month. The polyp I had was the size of a sesame seed and it bled like half a menstrual period at the middle of my cycle. That was normal for me until it was removed.

I tried to take a lot of comfort in the fact that the doctor made me wait to remove the polyp until it fit with his vacation schedule and I had just finished a period. (They can see better to remove the polpy if the uterine lining has just been shed.) If he had been concerned at all, he would not have asked me to wait, I figured.

Did the doctor do a transvaginal ultra sound? A biopsy? I had both for the 1 tiny polyp. No fun!

• Posted

Thanks Maddy I had a hysteroscopy last December . I saw my gynea in may. He said the biopsy was clear but recommended I had it removed . Appt came through for July but because of bp they would do the general, I wouldn't have minded them doing it without as I had the hysteroscopy without but they wouldn't . My doctor said there's no urgency as the biopsy was fine. Just need to get bp sorted . Which I am sure is white coat related

• Posted

So glad all the tests were clear!

I too begged by Gyn to do the polyp removal without the general. He said "no way!"  The worst part of the whole procedure was the sore throat I had after being intubated for the anesthesia! Worst. Sore. Throat. Ever.

Your experience with spotting is totally in line with mine when I had a polyp.  

• Posted

I'm scared of bleeding afterwards , in fact since all this period trouble started I'm quite paranoid , don't even think I could cope with a normal period any more . I was put on norithesone because of really heavy periods that's why they did the hysteroscopy and found the polyp. the withdrawal bleeds were bad so they said I do t have to have a break from them I can take them continuously.

• Posted

If it is any consolation, I had very light bleeding for about 6 days after the procedure. It was like a light, watery period. The pain after the polyp removal was way less than an average period for me. I didn't even fill the Rx for pain. (I should have just to enjoy them after a long week at work!) The only real change is that you can't use a tampon for the immediate spotting after the procedure. I felt like I was 12.

One of the nurses said I would not get a period for a month after the procedure. Mine came right on schedule as if the procedure had never happened. rolleyes

But I know what you mean about not emotionally coping with the bleeding. I get my period now and I think--this is a Wes Craven movie in my pants. I am so over it! 

But we'll get through it!

• Posted

Hi maddy

yes I was the same as you after the op I bled for 7 days, hoping this one with been small will be less.

its nectar ending with us ladies xx

• Posted

My first polyp had to be done under sedation, it was very large, this one they tell me is small, I really don't fancy having it taking off without sedation 😬

Once again it's down yo lady problems 😭😭xx

• Posted

Thanks Ladies, I wish i took after my mum 45 and stopped, nothing, no problems nothing ! Ive got all the probems LOL

• Posted

Hi pudds66smile

I have a suggestion for the white coat syndrome if you haven't already done it.

I bought a b/p machine so I could check it at home. Mine is fine at home. This helps for when you go to the dr.

Stay strong?

• Posted

Thanks Lottie, the nurse has suggested that. If hubby hasn't bought me one for Christmas then I think I will be buying one. He thinks I will become obsessed with it lol like I have with my heart rate on my Fitbit that I've just bought lol it is making me walk more though !

• Posted

I have really bad anxiety and panic attacks. I was afraid it would make them worse. It has helped me soooo much!

Start in the morning right after you first wake up. I usually do 3 readings. Write them down each morning for a week.

The 2nd week add a reading right before lunch. 3x again, write them down. Then after a week of those add readings right before bed.

You'll be amazed at the results.

• Posted

Hi Pudds66

yes I bought one with the nurses recommendation, because of the white coat syndrome and unfortunately I ended up having worse anxiety and terrible panic attacks, because yes I became obsessed, but that's me I'm afraid, I too gave the fit bit and other gadgets, and I can't help myself get completely carried away with them, I no longer have a Bp machine...lol 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.