Polyps in bowel

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 20 years old and recently had a colonoscopy where they found about 8 polyps in my bowel and colon. I am really worried about what these are as I haven't had any results yet. Everything seems to suggest that it means I am at high risk of getting cancer at some point because of them, is this right? I am More worried because everything has said that polyps don't really occur in younger people and I just can't find any info on it. Can anyone help?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi laura42475

It does take awhile for your results to be sent back to you, so your doctor may already have them and will be able to tell you if everything is ok so go along to your doctor's surgery and ask if they have your results from the hospital you had your colonoscopy done and in the mean time I hope everything is ok.smile

• Posted

Yeah I have my results appointment in a couple of weeks but I am trying to put my mind at rest until then
    • Posted

ok laura im glad that you have not got long to wait for your results so to put your mind at rest until then go shoe shopping with your best mate as us girls cant have enough shoes can we? All the bestsmile
    • Posted

I got your mind of it cuz you had the time to send a smiley face and to say haha Try and find some time to do something that puts a smile on your face at least once a day until you get your results ok. Take Caresmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.