Polyps-Terrified!

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi ladies

please can you help calm my anxiety. ive had problems with painful sex for a couple of years now and was prescribed Vagifem but that was more for dryness which i wasnt experiencing.

Anyway we persevered but still painful so just put up with it really.

i went on hrt in Nov last year and all was well until the last 2 cycles when i had a period again. ive now been bleeding with clots for 10 days so had to go and have my old mirena coil out (it was way past its useful date.

Anyway, the coil came out fine but doc saw a small polyp and suggested a hysteroscopy would be a good idea just to check everything.

its scheduled for next week and although the consultant was very reassuring im just terrified and crying my eyes out imagining allsorts.

im scared of the general aneastheic but also the fear of something awful being found is making me feel sick. im just crying and panicking.

im really trying not to panic but if any ladies have been through this and have positive words of support id be really grateful.

thankyou so much xxxx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

i have had 6 hysteroscopys for polyps ! !no big deal and a i am a chicken s**t

• Posted

oh my goodness 6?? how brave are you! Ans thankyou so much for replying . im sat here tearing up as im so worried. im so grateful for your message. i hope all is well with you now? xxx

• Posted

Hugs!! You will be fine! I had that procedure a year ago because I'm still having periods n spotting at 59. But i also have a huge fibroid , no polyps. Everything turned out fine, I'm still hormonal and doc says enjoy my estrogen while i have it.

I have 2 friends w polyps and both had hysteroscopy. They too are fine. I had twilight anesthesia with mine .

I promise it's not painful, no more uncomfortable than a regular pap.

• Posted

thankyou so much Katy! im sat here just preparing to go to bed and holding back tears trying to be sensible and not worry.

Your reply really really helps me thanks so much.

having had the coil removed today im still bleeding a few blood clots but again trying not to panic.

Did you have bleeding after your op?

take care and thanks so much. youve really helped me settle tonight as ive been so scared hugs xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.