Pomegranate juice

Posted , 6 users are following.

I heard that pomegranate juice is good for protection against prostate cancer and probably for bph too.

what is your opinion?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Curt,

The high sugar content in pomegranate juice probably negates any unproven positive cancer benefit.

Henry

• Posted

some articles say pure pomegranate juice doesn't increase blood sugar and even help diabetes people

• Posted

Many say pomegranate juice and cranberry juice are good for folk with PCa. As far as I can see, they are good in possibly preventing PCa. I can't see how drinking these after receiving a diagnosis will reverse the PCa.

• Posted

I've just looked in my fridge and my 27% pomegranate juice contains about half the sugar that my 100% orange juice has. You can get 100% pom juice but I just don't like it!

I take pomegranate juice as it (apparently) has major health benefits. Studies are being done about its anti-cancer properties. These will no doubt come out with no definite conclusion. A quick search will show you e.g. doctor ax's site where he discusses the health benefits and quotes studies already done.

I would say it probably won't do any harm so long as you don't drink too much each day, the doctor advises a 250ml cup of 100% juice but it's up to everyone to find out what suits them, I guess.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.