Poo advice please - hope you're not eating your tea!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys

Hope you're all keeping as well as poss.

Ok, so here's where I am atm.... Due to meet with my new consultant next Tues so have my questions ready for him but always like to receive advice from the ones that actually know what it's like to have this 'sh*tty' disease....literally!!

To recap - diagnosed with uc Aug 14, on asacol (2.4 or 3 a day) always get bloated when I eat or don't eat, take dicycloverine for spasms. Have gained loads of weight which I can't shift for love nor money. My face has ballooned and even tho I haven't eaten for days due to a chest infection, you'd still think that I was carrying twins!! 

Now, down to poo...my stools are normal in consistency but have mucas sort of attached to them and I'm now getting blood in them again. Noticed a large blood clot today. So am I flaring or not as I don't have diarrhoea?! I never really get this flaring bit tbh.

I'm beyond stressed as my household have been sick since Sept (bar one week) and I've had to call an ambulance to my little boy and I am currently either in hospitals or doctors surgerys on a very regular basis so I know that I'm stressed out.

Do u think I need to change my meds or up them? Any good pills I can take that stop me from gaining stones and stop me from seeing pills in my poo?

End of chapter! Any advice would be soooo welcomed guys. Thanks in advance Jo xx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm no expert.... 

Push to get your stool and bloods fully tested. Perhaps an endoscopy and ct scan too.

Not eating is as bad as eating too much for UC. Test if any foods effect you also. 

Also, maybe meditation might help the stress... Some good books out there...

• Posted

Don't think you necessarily have to be running to loo to get bleeding. Speak to your consultant about them passing through undissolved, you won't be getting your full dose. As for the weight, if you get the secret tell me! The way the food goes through so quickly you'd expect to be thin, but not me either, can't understand it, I really don't overeat either, don't drink, don't eat takeaways, in fact my binge days consist of 2 slices of a relatively plain pizza and rich tea biscuits, anymore and I get gallbladder pain. If you can make time for yourself, what about a swim? Good exercise and calming for all the stress. You sound a bit like me, time for everybody but yourself, even though we are the greater need. Let's start the new year looking after ourselves more!
  • Posted

Hi Jo,hope you and little one are ok now. If you are seeing Asacol in poo regularly I would think a med change is due. Occasional pill is normal I'm told. Glad the Dicycloverine is working, they make me a bit lightheaded so tend to take Solpedeine max for pains. I have small amounts blood on paper sometimes but think it's hemmies !! I'm def not flaring. Again think this is normal for us. Don't know about mucus tho. Good luck and please let me know what new doc thinks, xx
    • Posted

Hey ladies

Thanks for your help and support again. 

I don't get the urgency to go to the loo but when I do go there is quite a bit of fresh blood and mucus in it. I feel exhausted atm, just want to sleep all the time & have ballooned even more over the weekend if that's at all possible!! I swear it was the olives I ate?!?! Can't wait for my app tomorrow, so many questions! Just hope they change my meds or offer some advice. 

I'm really considering doing the scd diet after xmas & that fills me with dread but so sick of feeling and looking like this that I'll give anything a go.

Love to all xxx 

• Posted

So sorry to hear about your problems. I am losing my hair now . Is anyone else  losing hair.Any tips please.

• Posted

Hi Jo,please let us know what new consultant says tomorrow,good luck matey x
  • Posted

Hi Jo,just wondered how you are doing? Did the laxatives help with the cramps?
    • Posted

Hey Jill

Ta for the post. Yeah doing better now thanks. The bleeding & mucus has stopped, still get bloated but only if I over indulge! Before the change in meds and laxatives, I'd only have to eat a little something and I'd be in pain and so bloated but the laxatives are certainly making it easier for me. It took 5 days for the stuff to kick in so my new consultant was bang on as he said he could tell that I had 5 days worth of 'backlog' which needed clearing! I've reduced my pred foam to once a day and sometimes won't even bother with that & now only take 2 sachets of laxatives a day but think I need 3 still. U should try it Jill or ask your consultant as maybe u have the same issue as me. It's worth a try mate! I'm still swollen but don't have that hard belly & constant full felling anymore. I ate a chilli yesterday with different types of beans in it and I'm still suffering now, worst effects from any meal I've had since being diagnosed - never again! U getting on ok? When u due for your next check up? Happy new year hun. Lol xxx

• Posted

Hi Jo,glad you are feeling better! Like you I thought a formed stool was a good thing! My consultant also thinks I may be constipated,even tho I go twice a day! He prescribed Movicol sachets which are foul! I still get cramp every three days or so and I have decided to try a different laxative,say every other day and see if it helps! Still take my fibre+ probiotic,Lepicol,think it helps. Happy New Year xx
  • Posted

Hi I am new to this just diagnosed with uc, but i often pass clots and have runny poos sometimes the odd firm one and covered in mucas sometimes... I am no expert and on this to try and learn more. I had the flexible sigmoscosy (if thats how you spell it) and thats my diagnosis... have you had this? all my bloods came back normal so i think thid was the last option. I also think stress is a huge factor... try and relax and the blood might now be as bad xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.