POOH BEAR

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi Pooh Bear

Hows it going, have you managed to stay off the mirtazapine.

I tried stopping the 7.5mg for 2 nights and all the withdrawel symtoms came back. Will try 7.5mg every other night from wednesday and see how that goes.still taking paroxetine, propanolol and diazepine.

Hope you have managed to do it.

Best Wishes

Danielle.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm a little over a week stopping the mirtazapine. I went from 15mg to nothing as my psychiatrist had suggested. The worst symptom at the moment is anxiety and full blown panic attacks still pretty bad but not as bad as before. I haven't taken any valium only when I had severe back pain. I am panicing in situations that I would normally have no problem with. I am seeing my GP this week but just want to continue as I am. I am sure the benefits for me will outweigh the negatives. I hope that you are able to come off it too. I hoping the anxiety is just a withdrawal symptom and will go away?
  • Posted

Pooh Bear

How are you doing with the withdrawal, feeling any better?

Take Care

Danielle.

• Posted

Hi Danielle I am not taking any mirtazapine woo hoo!! The withdrawals have been horrendous. I'm still experiencing some anxiety but not nearly so bad as it was. I'm also unable to sleep very well so 3.5mg tablet at night which I'm trying to wean myself off. I have experienced some giddyness at work but generally soo much better. My head feels clearer and I'm so pleased to be off mirtazapine. Perhaps now I can tacke my weight problem. How are you?
  • Posted

I am down to 7.5mg every other night, tried to miss last nights and all the panic anxiety sweating came back with a vengence today. Ended up taking 7.5 this morning and slept most of the day. B een on 20mg paroxetine 5 weeks now thought I would be able to manage without mirtazapine, but it seems not.

It doesnt help when I was supposed to get a follow up appointment with psych after been on paroxetine for 4 weeks, phoned them on monday, and was told because I had seen a junior doctor at my last appointment, she had just filed my case notes and not put them with the follow up appointment files, said they would ring me today with an appointment, stayed in all day waiting and got no phone call. Great isnt it!!!!!!

Not sure if paroxetine is for me now, it worked very well last time I was on it, or it could just be the mirtazapine.

You have done really well to come this far, but no one tells you that its one hell of a drug to get off.

Take Care

Danielle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.