Pooh bear is not well

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am writing this as I have just come home from work ill. Unforunately I cannot continue with the rollercoaster of anxiety that I have been feeling since I came off mirtazapine. My psychiatrist wants me to go onto a small dose of risperidone but today my GP has put me back on mirtazapine. I have been unable to sleep been having panic attacks/funny turns whilst asleep. I feel that I have failed. I feel tired and exhausted. I thought I could cope I knew I could cope without this drug. Now i'm back on it. I had begun to lose weight but I'm determined not to put it all back on again. There is a lot of stuff from my past that I just dont want to go into but it all comes up again in some form or another. I WILL get well again but for now I'm back. Pooh.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

:roll:

Hi There,

I am sorry to hear that you're not feeling so good. Of course it appears dispiriting to have to return to a former medication, but at least it's one you are familiar with; its benefits and its side-effects.

Hopefully it won't take too long before it takes effect, the weight problem of course is a pain, perhaps some formal exercising and diet control will help. (I feel a fraud saying that to you as I am fighting extra weight myself...this afternoon I'll take a 3 mile walk and I have definetly cut down on food intake).

But you have made progress, and you will again. Set yourself some reasonalbe targets and along with your medical support work together to reach them. Mirtazapine has helped me a lot, it's not the total panacea one dreams of ... but it's certainly better than a lot of other medications.

How have you planned using the extra time you now have? Make sure you have something planned for each day, somebody to to talk to, maybe meet up with, if only for shopping.

All the best for now..please keep in contact.

Very best wishes,

Stephen

• Posted

Hi pooh bear, good to hear from you, don't feel defeated, sometimes these things happen it's certainly not easy coming of these drugs.

I know what you mean about the weight gain that can be depressing in itself, since being off mirtazapine i have lost over a stone, back to my normal weight i think.

I have been on amitriptyline and have been unsuccessful in staying on it i had even worse migraines than usual to the point of not being able to function and feeling nauseous. So for the pain i have i've been taking tramadol seems to be working for me although because i'm also on sertraline i can only have 100mg a day increased chance of having seizures with anti depressants...

Hope you start to feel better soooon!!

take care xxx :wink:

• Posted

thankyou for all your kind words. I am hopig to go back to work tomorrow and see my GP again next week. I have only just seen the psych but might see him again but as it is private can't afford that too often. Feel very defeated but hadn 't realised the power of anxiety just thought it would diminish but has increased to an unacceptable level. I just hope everyone continues to do well. I will need to address the night terrors as they seem to find a way of attacking me. I have some hypnosis lined up for IBS and my GP wants me to continue with this. Many hugs to all. Pooh.
  • Posted

Thought I would add a few thoughts from today. Took 15mg mirtazapine last night. I felt a bit spaced out but not as bad as before. I have been making silly mistakes at work but I was determined to go in. My GP spoke to me and she had spoken to the psych. Thought that I would have to go on the risperidone but for the moment is happy for to go back on the mirtazapine. My GP wants my lithium levels checked so that they can be raised possibly. I'm scared of new meds and increased levels when will it all end.?
  • Posted

Okay, here goes, cant sleep, ill give it a try, and let you know, night night, Fingers crossed, luv and hugs, Katy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.