Pooping blood for almost 3 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been pooping blood since 20 December 2020. The colour of the blood simetimes bright red, sometimes maroon. I didnt feel any pain, any pop around my butthole. 31 December 2020, I went to see Dr, Dr said is hemorrhoids and give me medicine for 1 week. Till today, i still pooping blood.... I now so worry... Any friends here experienced like me and what Dr will do? Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Hi Selphie,

did Dr examine you when you saw them? Most common reason for passing bright red or maroon blood is hemorrhoids. Have you strained to pass your poo? When hemorrhoids become engorged & lax they can bleed easily, it's a dirty place generally to heal so it takes time, & bleeding can start up again with the passing of poo each time. Can take weeks to settle. Dr will refer you to a colorectal consultant if it is persistent. They use a camera to look inside to diagnose & treat hemorrhoids. It can be done in the office. Healing takes time & patience, but can be managed well if you listen to your body. Hooe this helps.

• Posted

Hi Dear Fussypeg,

Thank you very much for your reply and help.

Everytime I poo, i do hv strain but not strong, just a bit bit and this is 1st time i experience pooping blood for almost 3 weeks...

My Dr not yet examine any further. He just gave medicine for 1 week and if still pooping blood, he asked me go back see him. So i decide to go back see Dr tomorrow. I hope everything will be alright >.<

• Posted

Hi again Selphie,

sorry you are still pooping blood, does sound like you have some internal

hemorroids. When you poop, try to have a small step that you place your feet on. Try to let the poop come out on its own, if it needs help, say the word Moooo-ge which will make you use the correct muscle instead of straining. The Dr should help put your mind at rest.

Internal hemorrhoids can be treated by consultant by banding.

• Posted

Hi Dear~~

I just discharged 2 days ago ~ I admitted to hospital from Saturday for colonoscopy and endoscopy and found out I have ulcer and H.Pylori in my stomach also redundant colon and a large and 2 small hemorrhoids in colon. So Dr suggest me laser surgery to remove hemorrhoids..

Surgery on Sunday. Morning 11am start, end on 1pm. Then I feel very pain and super uncomfortable inside my anal cause Dr insert a thing like tampon to stop bleeding.. Been suffering like this for 4 days, now left bit pain and swollen and need take 1 month medicines. 1 month later will go back review. Hehehe

• Posted

It could be a fissure or it could be hemorrhoids. Internal hemorrhoids can bleed. Try using a sitz bath or bathtub.

• Posted

Hi cknight! Thank you for ur reply. Past 2 weeks juz done laser hemorrhoids surgery. now in recovery weeks. hohoho! is a painful surgery for me...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.