Poor sense of smell

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have a poor sense of smell now, my husband will smell anything and im like "well I can't smell anything" unless its a really strong smell like smoke! Anyone else?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I really can't say if my sense of smell is worse or not but I have definitely developed "allergies" or sinus issues. I wake up every day so congested. I recall having the same problem when I was pregnant both times so surely a hormonal thing. Are you stuffed up as well?

• Edited

I am the complete opposite. I can smell EVERYTHING and it doesn't smell good.

• Edited

OMG same here! I've actually vomited from smells. And I never had morning sickness or anything as bad as menopause has been!😒

• Posted

I smell everything but my taste buds are off. My Dr said that it might be down to an infection so the next time you see your dr tell him/her about your lack of smell. I'm sorry that I couldn't reassure you. Take care.

• Posted

My sense of smell keeps coming on and off.Heard it was a symptom of menopause.

• Posted

Yes i thought it had totally gone but the other day i smelt a banana skin in the bin and it was a way from me abit, so perhaps it comes and goes like you said!

• Edited

You may want to ask you doctor about the poor sense of smell. It could be due to many factors, but it is also an early sign of Parkinsons Disease. Not to upset you!! It was my husband's first sign, which started in his 30s.

• Edited

My mom has had Parkinson's for 9 years now. She can smell EVERYTHING! So, that isn't always the case. But honestly I personally wouldn't put that in a response. Just saying. With anxiety high around here no use in creating extra worry!

• Posted

Ugh. I thought about that before posting. But I would feel remiss if I didn't at least mention it. Could be caused by many different things besides PD!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.