Poor skin turgor from excessive sweating

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am a 21 year old male. Years ago I was made fun of because I weighed a lot for my age and this in turn gave me a negative self image. Several years after this when I got to high school I became obsessed with trying to get my weight down as low as possible by using a treadmill. I was on it multiple times each week for at least an hour which caused me to sweat excessively. I didn't realize this at the time but I think this actually caused my body to lose a lot of electrolytes and also resulted in me having noticeably dull, sunken skin and poor skin turgor. I remember going to the hospital when I was 17 after suffering from anxiety issues and a nurse there told me my potassium levels were low and I was dehydrated. Looking back, I think this has all been caused by low electrolytes from sweating too much and not replacing any of them that I lost back then. Is there a way this can be fixed at home or would I need an iv? I really don't know the levels of these different minerals in body at moment and am not of how to balance each of them out in an effective way. Nothing I've done seems to work. And usually the only improvement I see is when I wake up in the morning but after like several minutes my skin goes back to being the same. Any advice??

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.