Poor tear film quality

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,i get blurry cloudy vision on and off,worse the last few weeks. Had complete eye exam,was tested for dry eye only useing the test where they see how fast drops evaporate. Dr said mild dry eye,so i asked why glare,window light looks cloudy at times etc,he just said probably poor tear quality. Frankly I dont think he did a very thourough job on checking for dry eyes. I do get some burning,feeling of grit in eyes at times etc. No catarcts. But it drives me nuts,im sure its the tear film as it looks like it. Any help here. Ive tryed scrubbing my eyelids,have tryed refresh eye drops,now trying vit A etc. Thank you.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Don't scrub your eyelids - it will only make them worse.  There's a product called Thealozduo which is a unique formula combination of hyaluronic acid for long lasting lubrication.  This restores the natural balance of the tears for on-going relief.

I don't know why surgeons don't do thorough tests - they certainly have had extensive training in their field, and should really find the causes for the patient's discomfort.  (Anti-doctor here)

• Posted

Hi Lee

I appreciate your frustration. Believe you me if it was only mild dry eye it wouldnt bother you. Ive had mild and now have "chronic" dry eye. Without boring you with the gorey details my gut is telln me there is either inflammation or debris in my tear ducts , I got a gush of water in the tear ducts and the water in question is very "hard" water , riddled with lime. Doc was adamant this did no damage but youd only have to look at my eyes to know the tear ducts are the problem and whats causing my severe dry eye. It is very frustrating when you feel your problem isent being dealt with and they havent got to the root of the actual problem. Mild dry eye doesent cause burning or any uncomfortable feeling. I suspect Refresh may not be strong enough, maybe try Hylo?

• Posted

Thanks so much for your reply,its quite unnerveing,the eye symptoms.
  • Posted

I have very dry eye - to the point that I've had to stop wearing make-up. Nobody seems terribly interested because I think they don't appreciate how debilitating this constant discomfort and pain can be. My eyes burn terribly all the time ....
    • Posted

Annie , you have my sympathy...Im not sure of your history/background but this hit me out of the blue and last couple of months have been a living nightmare. And youre right, people dont understand , I feel my eyes look horrific and far from normal but others are telln me "AH they look fine" , I think they are just being polite. I havent worn eye make up in 3 months , whole scenario has played havoc with my life and my mental and physical health
    • Posted

But eye drops don't help; in fact they make it worse. What else can one do? My opthalmologist has no clue.
    • Posted

Yea what I cant fathom is in this day and age where they have found cures for very serious illness, they cant come up with a cure for this......I couldnt begin to describe how its affected me and the anxiety its caused. Its exasperating....drops help some days but on others I feel Ive to put them in the round of the clock...
  • Posted

Your right,nobody understands,i dont feel like doing much of anything now days and my anxiety is through the roof.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.