Poor Woman

Posted , 7 users are following.

So this woman approached me in the park because I had just bought a strawberry ice cream from the vendor. She was flipping out saying she had been dreaming about strawberries and I bought the last one. She started crying and breaking down. I was at a loss as what to do. Then she said she was going through menopause and the slightest thing sends her off the deep end.

So, lesson to me. I have to understand I'm not the only one going through this, but others are too. We sat and talked for a few minutes. I had to meet my son so I couldn't stay long. I recommended this site to her.

4 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Oh ok, you didn't say so while I was reading this I was waiting to read that you gave her the ice cream and when I didn't read it I just had to ask, I felt like I was watching a good movie and didn't get to see the ending! Well good for you, what a wonderful person you are for your good deed!! You made someone's day😁

• Posted

Yeah, I guess my focus on this was how an ice cream cup could upset someone so drastically. I really hope to see her on here...her name is Nora.
  • Posted

Wow your post made me cry. Whenever I feel down now I will think of you and strawberry ice cream. That's one of the best things i'v read on this site. You did a really wonderful thing..😃😃😃

• Posted

This made me laugh and cry at the same time. I'm not laughing at the lady, I'm laughing out of relief. It just lets me know I'm not alone. I cried because you were so sweet to her. I'm doing okay now with it(one day at a time). But when it all first started, I thought I was losing my mind!

• Posted

I agree. One day at a time. Some days I wonder if I'll get through it, then the next day I feel great. Up and down. Hot and cold. Ugh.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.