Popping and muffled sounds in ear after chelesteotoma surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a chelesteotoma surgery and repaired eardrum about 5 weeks ago and I just went back to working out and when I was doing exercises that raised my heart rate my ear starting popping and sound felt muffled and I could hear my breathing out of that ear. Should I be worried. I'm calling the doctor first thing on and AM

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Andrew! I just had surgery about 7 weeks ago. My second one. I know that for recovery they put packing to help keep everything in place. That desolves over time. But makes your ear sound weird... popping cracking sound going in and out. My last surgery when I talked I sounded like a robot in my head. But that all went away. This packing is a bloody like sponge material below your ear drum that dissolves away. But go ahead and call the doctor if you're worried. Just wanted to give you some peace of mind. I hope this helps!

• Posted

Popping is normal. The muffled sound needs to be checked.
  • Posted

Hi Andrew, this is normal, Id my operation in May and I'd all of that, my operation went well and the surgeon was very happy. Looking at my situation now, I still get a bit of popping and I get a tiredness in my neck , same side as the operation and sensitivity in my scalp, same side again as the operation also. Make sure that you keep your dodgy ear dry , be it in the shower, or pool, its really important  that the ear stays dry. Please let me know if you get any of the symptoms that i've got as I believe that its coming from sensivities of nerves due to  OP.

best luck with recovery

Chris

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.