Popping in ear, constant headaches, and dizzniness

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have for months now experiencing dry bad dizziness and unsteadiness, it’s not like the room is spinning, but I feel very sensitive to movements and get quick feelings of what feels like I’m drunk.. my head feels like it’s in a floaty fog and I always have a dull headache and a strange loud cracking in my right ear. It happens when I move my head or yawn. I have been very dizzy everyday for months. I have been to a neurologist and I had an mri which showed clear. I have a hair salon which has been open for over a year which is when a lot of my symptoms began.  I had an eeg about 4 years ago which showed temporal lobe epilepsy and I never had a grand male seizure, however I have had the dejavu simple seizures since I was a kid.. the neurologist said that and this vertigo and newly happening migraines are all related. Which last September I started getting very regular and severe blinding migraines, and at that point my health has really declined. I’m not sure what this constant dizziness is, nor the weird noise is in my ear. I’m having a hard time believing it’s related. I’m having a hard time getting through my life like this. I am absolutely distressed and devastated. I can’t travel, I have to leave work a lot, and can’t do anything with friends, because I get so sick when I do anything. If anyone knows anything, please help.

i am also very skinny and always have been my whole life. My labs look normal and was prescribed lamictal for the epilepsy, propranolol, lexapro, meclizine, zofran, and some other medicine. I haven’t started any of them yet, because the doctors are unsure of what it is. I have the medicines in the pharmacy to be picked up, but want to be sure. I think I might have Menieres, but I don’t get the violent spinning spells that make me vomit like crazy and then they go away, it’s just like my ear is full, cracking, rings at night and I’m perpetually off balance and foggy and dizzy in my head.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Oh man, I did not proof read this, and my iPad butchered my spelling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.