Popping sensation in linea alba

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I went for a sonography for cysts and it was too painful. I was sore for the next two days. Ive heard its normal after sonography but whats weird was that I started feeling popping sensations accompanied with tearing/burning pain in the midline of my abdomen where they were pushing the wand hard, specially around the belly button. The pain has reduced but I still get this popping feeling all along the midline/linea alba. My sonography report came clear and I don't suffer from any other health problems. I've read online that this usually happens when your linea alba is separating during pregnancy but I'm not pregnant and I'm not overweight either. Anyone had a similar experience? I will definitely go to the doc if I feel a bulge or anything but right now I don't have any symptoms of hernia except for the tearing pain. Any suggestions??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My pelvic ultrasound had to be abandonned after two attempts because of the pain I was in. I thought my insides were being torn out slowly when the probe was inserted.  My thighs began to spasm. Because the scan was not completed, I had only minor discomfort afterwards which cleared up within hours. Goodness only knows what the pain would have been like had the scan been done.  I asked the radiographer if having to abandon the scan meant something was seriously wrong, but she reassured me and said no and that some women cannot cope with this procedure.

I am very petite and the probe felt gigantic for someone of my size.

• Posted

Thanks for sharing your experience. I wish I told him to stop the scan. I'm in the same kind of pain right now.. I feel like my abdomen is gonna tear apart. Did u do anything to reduce the pain? I'm taking ibuprofen and using heat but nothing seems to help

• Posted

The worst of my pain was during my scan but afterwards it reduced to very mild discomfort which didn't require any painkillers. Maybe go back to your doctor and ask for stronger pain medication and ask him/her to examine you to check that no damage has been done if the pain doesn't clear up after a week.

• Posted

Yes, I will go see the doc if the pain persists or gets worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.