Porcelain gallbladder

Posted , 4 users are following.

i all I was diagnosed before Christmas with porcelain gallbladder and have now been given a date for surgery on 21 March I am in so much pain and discomfort and so afraid that my gallbladder is going to burst before I have surgery my consultant doesn't listen and says that the date I have been given is the earliest possible so basically I have to put up with it all I can eat is dry crackers and puréed food and have lost  15 kilos in weight 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi linda. thats good that you have a date. i hope that you have pain killers. i know when i first got the pains and found out i had gall stones the pain was so bad and the symptoms were so many that i thought that there must be something else seriously wrong with me i mean it was all of my stomach round my waitst round my shouder, i had burning pains as well and even my soft vest  i could feel it on my liver area and gallbladder area. it was so painful to the softest touch. so it is very scary. however i went back to the doctor and got strong painkillers. as i needed them.i was diagnosed in 2015 june or july and still have not had it removed yet so your getting taken very quickly. so thats a good thing. i hope someone with more experience than me comes along very soon and gives you some support and hope. but all i really want to say is i dont think your gall bladder is going to burst. its the pains that are so bad that we think the worst. but im sure you will be okay. try not to worry i know thats easeir said than done and some other people will be along soon and able to put your mind at rest as we dont all have the same symptoms  at the same time.as there are so many with this illness.keep your chin up linda. your on the right forum for support. 
    • Posted

HI cheeky thanks for your help and support I do have really strong painkillers and some anti sickness tablets. I felt that waiting 3 months for my operation was excessive but obviously not compared to your wait I hope you get your appointment soon take care linda
  • Posted

Have you mentioned to them that you are willingto have surgery ast short notice if someone else cancels. This may help, it got me in early.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah I have said I will go to any hospital at any time I am so desperate to have the surgery I just seem to have had one problem after another the last few years just recovered from a thyroidectomy and frozen shoulder can't believe I have yet another problem
  • Posted

Hi hun, I had my first painful attack on 22nd August last year..went to hospital got morphine and sent home... By September I had been to docs and was on waiting list for a ultrasound to confirm gallstones.. Then on the night of 7th December I couldn't take the pain and the skin on my side was even sore to touch..went to out of hours gp and he sent me to hospital..had scan next day and operated on an hour later to remove gallbladder...my point is this hunni if you can't take the pain then no matter what time of day it is phone doctor or show up at a and e department . Then you will generally be treated as a more urgent case...don't think you have to put up with pain for next 3 months,if it gets worse or you can't cope anymore then get it sorted out sooner
    • Posted

Thanks jay it just seems so wrong that you have to wait until the pain is unbearable and it becomes an urgent situation to be able to get treatment quickly 
    • Posted

You'll know your own body and what you can tolerate... I'm a person who has given birth 4 times without bothering about pain relief but I can honestly say that the night I went to out of hours doctor I would have rather being giving birth than suffering how I felt at that time so I knew I had to get it dealt with and couldn't cope any longer...if pain gets worse or you feel you aren't coping with it then do ask for help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.