Porridge oats

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys, 

I been searching the shops for some porridge oats that I can eat, really miss this for breakfast especially in my breakfast smoothie. 

I can't find any which are under 5g, any one else found any please? 

Thanks 😉

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

@Collette hello i know asda flavoured ones are below 5g so are fuel porridge pots and the plain one is 2.6 per 100g i just rechecked it's called 'Simply  Porridge' Asda own brand x
    • Posted

Amazing, thanks my love. I checked all tescos, morrisons and sainsbury, nothing. Trust it to be the one I left out lol 

Really miss them as they make the smoothie really filling. I been so hungry this last week, think it's due to pmt, always seem to be  PAC man the week before I'm due. Even the scales show a 2lb gain but not let that put me off. Xx 

• Posted

Hi hun

Can I just run this past you, I think I know the answer but don't want an oil train looool 

I normally takes supplements as I suffer bad with fatigue. I take udos  choice, beyond greens. It's jammed packed with good stuff. The fat content is 8g per 100g but one teaspoon is 0.4g which is 5g 

So do you think it be ok to have one dessert spoon? Xx 

• Posted

Hi Collette i personally wouldn't but it's totally up to you. Isn't that the one you were taking before when you got the oil before? or was that another powder? x
    • Posted

Hi Hun, no that was the protein powder - good memory thou. I guess the only way is to try it and stay in for the day looool - I have a think. Cheers Hun xx 
  • Posted

@Collette no problem. lol i'm the same it's like you can never fill yourself! They are as far as i know the lowest fat ones around. Don't worry about the 2lb it's all water weight x
  • Posted

I weigh 35g of prridge out and leave to soak over night in a muller light yogurt and have some fresh fruit with it, not everyones taste but it adds variation. xx
    • Posted

Hi Hen 72,

I hva ejust had this for my breakfast following a recommendation form a SW colleague and enjoyed it, not something I would rave about but I am getting fed up of the same fruit and shreddies wiht youghurt inthe morning for work

• Posted

Sorry, should have been clearer lol. I make a smoothie that's a feast to eat lol 

Lots of fruit, either milk, yogurt, veg and now I've found porridge oats I can add them. 

It's such a feast and I don't get hungry till near on 12noon. Good way of getting your 5 a day in and nutrients.  Breaks the routine up of having the same thing every day. 

This morning I had, apple, strawberries, grapes, blueberries, apple juice, banana, porridge oats and wheatgrass. I'm just eating lunch now. X . 

• Posted

HI

Thanks Collette, I will have ago at that myself, always good to have other choices.

Thank you x

• Posted

No problem, it's good to have a mix. Most days I make a smoothie as it can be different almost every day rather than same ole x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.