POS TOTAL HYSTERECTOMY

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello Ladies, so already had my Total hysterectomy done the day before yesterday. They found a lot o endometriosis under my rib cage and also on my left side, that's why my shooting pains through out my left leg. They also found endo on the bladder which it did not show up on MRI. What they were already expecting was endo

behind the uterus stuck to the sigmoid colon, which luckily was persevered . Other then that all the endo was excised and removed. 

I hope nothing will happen from now on.  2 days after , still in very much pain. A lot of back  pain as well. What's worrying me is the pain and burning sensation down my leg, last night  was terrible. Still very difficult to turn sideways. I like to sleep on my left hand side and can't, it hurts too much. Still feel a lot of gas passing through my intestines, feel very uncomfortable. But must be normal. 

I will have to have so much patience at this stage.... But I'm so lucky to have my partner that helps in everything , bless him. 

Thank you ladies , hope is well .

I appreciate any advise, opinions etc.. That can ease my pain 

Kind regards 

Carla 😘

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Tums is your best friend for the gas take your still softeners. I am 7 weeks post op total vaginal hysterectomy. The low back pain is natural and will sub side. bladder spasms will decrease. and it may be hard to adjust to but try soft pillows on your side the real soft fluffy ones and that should help even between you knees. my problem is the odor, and hot flashes
    • Posted

Thank you tan41, so tums will ease my gas , you say? Did you have shoulder pain? They warned me of it , but it's really sharp sometimessad . Yes my urine odour is also very strong . No hot flashes yet as I'm only on my 3rd day . Did you need to desininfect your wounds ? Or not? 

Thank you

• Posted

Hi I had the same problem I couldn't sleeping on my side it was very painful it last a few weeks I had to sleep on my back sitting up
  • Posted

Hi. It took me 4 weeks to feel right but each day gets better. Did you have ovaries taken too as have endo? I had shooting pains in my legs for about a week but it did stop. Keep taking pain killers til you feel you can cope without then. Walk as much as you can it helps blood flow and the healing process. It's only been two days so there's lots to heal . Good luck
    • Posted

Hello froggy28

How are you? Yes I did , ovaries, tubes, cervix and uterus removed. Other then having endo behind my uterus and therefore stuck to my colon , they did preserve the intestine, thank goodnesssmile 

They found a lot of endo under my rib cage which did not show up on the MRI and also a lot of endo on the left hand side. I still have the shooting pains on my left hip, thigh and leg and burning sensation. I hope it wil go away with time. Other then that yes I am in pain, if I giggle, cough, sneeze it hurts. I the passing of gases. So much Back ache and I'm only on my 3 day. I do try to walk as much as possible. Try to go to empty my bladder as much as possible. Still can't turn side ways when sleepingsad 

i need a lot of patiencerolleyes 

thank you smile keep well

Carla 

• Posted

Hello froggy28

How are you? Yes I did , ovaries, tubes, cervix and uterus removed. Other then having endo behind my uterus and therefore stuck to my colon , they did preserve the intestine, thank goodnesssmile 

They found a lot of endo under my rib cage which did not show up on the MRI and also a lot of endo on the left hand side. I still have the shooting pains on my left hip, thigh and leg and burning sensation. I hope it wil go away with time. Other then that yes I am in pain, if I giggle, cough, sneeze it hurts. I the passing of gases. So much Back ache and I'm only on my 3 day. I do try to walk as much as possible. Try to go to empty my bladder as much as possible. Still can't turn side ways when sleepingsad 

i need a lot of patiencerolleyes 

thank you smile keep well

Carla 

• Posted

Hi. I had the same although luckily not in my rib area but everything else had fused. Nothing showed up on any scans apart from a large cyst on ovary which i went in to have removed when they found all the endo... then back for hysterectomy 6 months later. I couldn't sleep on my side for a while and investing in a v pillow was money well spent to help me sleep on my back. It was 7 months ago now and I'm back to normal although I am taking hrt as not good on the livial they gave me first. I didn't go too long without anything so never got to stage when flushes got to bad. The back ache is the gas which goes soon. Peppermints tea is good for that and that you are staying in awkward positions that you wouldn't do if you weren't protecting op area. Once you heal a bit it will feel much better. Did you have lap or through bikini line?
    • Posted

Yes I found I couldn't sleep on my side and pain down my side and leg it does go after a few weeks still. get the switches pulling after 5 months but fit
    • Posted

I had a Lap,..minimum invasive surgery. It actually looks very good . I think my medical team did a wonderful jobsmile

it's just the healing process very hard rolleyes 

• Posted

Me too. Can't see incisions at all now 😊
  • Posted

How are you doing? I think we had the same surgery with the same findings at the same time.  I had been having stomach aches, loose stool.  When the found the mass I was told I needed a total hysterectomy ASAP. When they did the surgery the endo was on my bladder , bowel and rectum.  After surgery I had pain in my left leg for several days.  Now I still have it but not all the time and not as intense.  I just got home from hospital yesterday.  My biggest issues are gas pains

• Posted

Yes I had that it does go after a few weeks and ihad painful stools for a week before I got back to normal
    • Posted

Hello , I m feeling so so , still have a lot of pain especially yesterday. I had walked and just helped my hubby with some things but nothing major... But it was my fault because later on I was in so much pain. I am on my 5 the day and I haven't passed any stools😫🙄🙄🙄 . I drink lots of water and tea which is peppermint with fennel that helps with the gases . Which are so painful. Today I started using a abdominal binder , I don't know if it's too soon ?????? I also had endo my bladder , bowel and rectum and also under my rib cage. 
    • Posted

You doing too much at once you need to do hardly anything for a few weeks rest and just walk a little each day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.