Posible solution for chronic Bartholin Gland Abcesses

Posted , 1 user is following.

I think I’ve discovered a unique solution to chronic Bartholin’s gland cysts and abscesses. I want to share for those of you who like me have been suffering from this for a while. I am now 34 years old and have just had what I believe to be my fifth or sixth Bartholin gland cyst/abscess. I first started getting them when I was about 30. I have had them treated with a laceration drainage and word catheter, either in the ER or at my OB/GYN‘s office if I could get an appointment. I have also undergone a marsupialization operation on both my left and right labia. Unfortunately those did not end up working and I continued to get cysts and abscesses after the stitches had healed and the hole in my labia had healed and sealed. About a week ago I had another painful abscess on my left side which seems to be the worst of the two for me. My word catheter fell out on its own after less than a week so I decided to get creative. For those of you that don’t know there is something called ear gauges for folks who have expanded piercings in their ear lobes. One of the pieces of jewelry that’s used for for gauged ears is called a tunnel and it is exactly what it sounds like… A Tunnel that goes through your ear lobe to expand the opening for aesthetic and cosmetic purposes. I purchased on eBay for $9.99 a “stretcher kit“ that included multiple sizes of a silicone ear gauge tunnel. I have inserted one of the smaller sizes into the hole in my labia now that the word catheter has fallen out (I tried to get it back in but the balloon side burst). This silicon tunnel is easy to clean, is not causing me any pain, and once I found the right size out of the stretching kit - fits perfectly. I’m really excited about this because I think it can be a permanent solution. I can even take it out and have sex with my partner. I can clean it regularly and as I want - so far with alcohol and hot water. And best of all its going to act as a shunt/stint to keep my Bartholin gland open. I really urge you to try this. Please keep in mind I am not a medical professional and this is an experiment I thought of on my own and have never heard or seen of anyone else doing. Please reach out if you have any questions about my experience.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.