Positive ana????

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi has anyone else had a positive ANA result? mine is 1.160 homogeneous pattern. Maybe caused by positive tpo antibodies. Still under investigation as to what's going on.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Never had a positive ANA with really high TPO and Tg antibodies. Don't hear many on this forum or others with high ANA. But know someone who had high ANA and then (mis)diagnosed w Lupus and then years later NO high ANA titers.

• Posted

I didn't think it was related. The rheumatologist i saw suggested it was. I think there is an underlying condition yet to be identified. possibly autoimmune thyroid disease? and something else

• Posted

You have autoimmune thyroid disease bc you have the antibodies. You are not yet hypothyroid. There are many autoimmune diseases that they can test you for.Do you still have chest discomfort? Did you tell.your Rheumatologist?? Does anyone else in your family have autoimmune diseases? Did you have a hsCPR test for inflammation?? Is your A1C below 5.6?

• Posted

Hi so is there any kind of treatment for autoimmune thyroid disease? The chest discomfort has gone. My rheumatologist knows everything. I dnt think I have has any of these tests

• Posted

This will look like alphabet soup so look up these tests if you want these are possible autoimmune antibodies but not all. My GP did without me having to ask. .ANTI ENA Sm/RnP. SCLERODERMA PROFILE.ANTI DOUBLE STRANDED. DNA. ANTI MITROCHONDRIAL.ANTIBODIES. ANTI CITRULLINE AB CCP.ANTI JO -1. Have you had a SED rate? I never even heard of most of these tests. But once you have auto antibodies they are important. tests to rule out other autoimmune issues. As far as thyroid tests try to get FT3.and RT3 than have ratio done. The ratio is important will give you SOME idea about FT3 getting into cells. Unfortunately there are a lot of genetic variations that prevent FT3 getting into cells in different tissues\organs. too many to even list.

• Posted

I know i had the anti ds dna done. Think that was normal. it was 8.0 the rheumatologist ran an ena panel but not sure what ones as I have seen the blood results yet. could all my symptoms be from autoimmune thyroid disease? and if so could I be offered any treatment? all the gp seems to do is tsh and t4

• Posted

You can ask for a baseline thyroid sonogram to obtain more info: size, any growths or abnormalities. Glutathione and low dose synthroid are the only things that I read that can lower antibodies. But lowering antibodies does not always stop hypothyroidism if you were already dxd with it. I still have to take thyroid meds even though my ABs dropped to within normal limits.

Also: keep cruciferous veggies to a minimum and never eat them raw. Keep away from anything with soy esp. soy lecithin, soy protein and soy isolates. Don't go low carb. Supplement with essential amino acids, selenium (100mcg), zinc, magnesium, low dose Vit A (not beta carotene), Vit C and D, K, low dose Bcomplex (preferably w MethylB12 Methylfolate) but stop taking them for a few days before ANY lab tests. Keep away from environmental toxins bc they get absorbed by the thyroid.and can block receptors. Birth control pills are not good for thyroid.function or being overweight which can make you estrogen.dominant..but not always. Up to you if you want to get immune stimulating vaccines...

A homocysteine test if you haven't had one. Not expensive very informative.

• Posted

Thank you for all the information. I am having to go private so it would depend on the cost as to what I can afford. Would lowering the antibodies stop any symptoms? sorry if I sound a bit silly but I have no idea what is going on anymore. just want to feel healthy and well again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.