Positive ANA test

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a positive ANA test...titre of 1:160 neculeor pattern. My doctor told me no further testing is required as that is a false positive and he then diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. I'm wondering if anyone has information that I should know. I keep reading that although that titre isn't really really high....it merits further investigating

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I was also diagnosed with fibro ..

I havent got a positive ANA all my tests are negative even inflammation .

But i have inflammation in my knees and feet every night which leads me to believe i do not have fibro because inflammation does not accompany fibro.

Nevertheless to answer your question , you need to possibly test again .

In a few months to see if the levels have fallen or risen in order to perhaps make a clearer than fibro diagnoses if i may.

What was the initial reason of your visit to the doctor ?

• Posted

hi nicole.  I too had a 1:160 nucleolar pattern on one of my ANA tests, then the secomd came back negative and the third came back something else.  i'm beginnig to think doctors put too much stock in these tests when they don't know why the tests become wonky.  many are diagnosed with fibro when doctors don't have an answer.  keep pressing for more tests and answers.  You will get more info the longer you go but, like me, there could be more damage the longer you wait too.  however, we don't seem to have any options other than keeping on doctors to help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.