Positive ANA with only Hasimoto's?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am diagnosed hypothyroid and with Hashimoto's disease.  I have been on Levothyroxine now for 3 years and my levels are now in normal range.  But I am still constantly tired ALL the time, swollen anterior lymph nodes for 10 months and constsnt low grade fever for 10 months.  My mother and Aunt both have Lupus.  Which is why I tested for it.  My ANA is positive, but didn't have the levels tested.  Just siad positive.  But my RA factor and crp is normal.  Could I still have Lupus?  What other test should I have?    

Rheumatoid Arthritis Factor

RA Latex Turbid. 10.9

IU/mL

0.0 - 13.9

C-Reactive Protein, Cardiac

mg/L

0.00 - 3.00

ANA

ANA Direct   Positive Abnormal

Anti-DNA (DS) Ab Qn <1 iu/ml="" 0="" -="" 9="" i="" also="" had="" a="" iron="" panel="" done="" which="" all="" came="" back="" normal. ="" but="" i="" ate="" a="" pound="" of="" shrimp="" for="" 2="" days="" before="" my="" test. ="" not="" sure="" if="" that="" matters="" or="" not. ="" i="" usually="" test="" a="" little="" low. ="" i="" didn't="" know="" you="" wern't="" suppose="" to="" eat="" things="" with="" iron="" before="" test. ="" anyway, ="" i="" also="" tested="" low="" for="" alkaline="" phosphatase,="" s ="" at="" 32="" low="" for="" a="" range="" of="" 39="" to="" 117. ="" not="" sure="" of="" the="" significance? ="" and="" my="" urinalsis="" was="" as="" follows:="" specific="" gravity="" 1.022="" 1.005="" -="" 1.030="" ph="" 6.5="" 5.0="" -="" 7.5="" urine-color="" yellow="" appearance="" clear="" wbc="" esterase="" trace="" abnormal="" protein="" negative="" glucose="" negative="" ketones="" negative="" occult="" blood="" negative="" bilirubin="" negative="" urobilinogen,semi-qn="" 0.2="" 0.2="" -="" 1.0="" nitrite,="" urine="" negative="" microscopic="" examination="" see="" below:="" wbc="" 0-5="" 0="" -="" 5="" rbc="" 0-2="" 0="" -="" 2="" epithelial="" cells="" (non="" renal)="">10 Abnormal

0 - 10

Mucus Threads Present

Bacteria Few

So I have trace WBC Esterase and abnormal Epithelial Cells

Any help would be appretiated.  Thank you!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know you posted this 2yrs ago, but I just came across it. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in my late 20's then hashimoto's in my 30's. When first diagnosed I was put on synthroid and felt fine for several yrs then one day I started worse and worse and put on 40lbs. My dr was telling me my tsh and t4 were normal, so it wasn't my thyroid. Well I saw a different dr...the other dr was right, my tsh and t4 were normal, but my t3 was way off and synthroid doesn't treat the t3...ONLY tsh and t4. So the new dr changed me to armour thyroid which treats the entire thyroid and within days the swelling in my neck and face went down, within two weeks I could tell a huge difference and within 3 months the 40lbs disappeared without changing my eating habbits or excercising. So check with your dr about your t3 if you havent already. My first only checked the tsh and t4

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.