Positive anxiety stories please x

Posted , 13 users are following.

My anxiety is so bad I can not function. I would love to hear from those who have recovered, how they did it and if they've stayed ok!

3 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

It's been a week today since my last bad attack. I've never been a Xanax taker but I have consumed several over the last several day plus LOTS of prayer. I felt "normal" for the first time last night. Still have that feeling but I'm praying it away. I also have friends who prayer for me as well and I totally believe it has helped. I also looked up a video that a lady suggested on releasing anxiety. It really helped. Listening to insirational music. Prayers for you!
  • Posted

I have really terrible anxiety myself! I have panic disorder, anxiety, and ptsd from childhood/adolescent traumas. My anxiety was at its peek after I lost my full ride volleyball scholarship in Miami florida for volleyball. It was worth 150,000$ and not to mention my teammates were incredibly mean to me because I broke my ankle and was unable to help the team anymore. Well I came home from Florida and now live in Ohio with a dad who is hardly ever here. I'm 20 btw and my dad didn't even invite me for Easter dinner this year. He told me I was a disappointment for losing my scholarship. Anyway now Im in college going for nursing and had to drop out this semester due to my ptsd BUT I am focusing on myself and taking care of myself. Doing yoga, meditating, running and being nice to ME because no one else is so why harm myself?? It never truly goes away, you just learn to better manage it, accept it, and do whatever you need to do to promote YOUR WELL BEING AND HAPPINESS.
    • Posted

Hi lauren. so sorry to hear of ur accident & loss of scolarship. but ur young and have a full life ahead of u. i'm wondering if u have tried the modailty called EMDR. do a google on it. it's got a good teack record in the treatment of POSD and quite a bit of good research behind it also.

all good luck Lauren

Caitlin

• Posted

Thank you Caitlin! Yes I am familiar with emdr and I'm on my 5 month of treatment with my counselor. Ptsd has subsided a little!
    • Posted

i'm really pleased to hear that. the other modality which, ur also likely to be familar with is, emotional freedom technique - EFT for short. if not have a google. it works really well for me.

hope u continue to make progress with ur therapist.

Caitlin

• Posted

Hi there, I have come out of the other end with my anxiety attacks. Mine started when I was a kid and I never really knew what was happening to me. Over years they came and went but I never really found ways to over come them. Three years ago I became very poorly with a virus that caused me heart palpitation all the time. It effected my lungs and if I walked anywhere I would feel as though my heart was going to pop out of my chest. It was horrible . I looked into way that I could improve my confidence, ways to get over these attacks and ways to improve my health. So everyday I walked my dog and pushed myself even when I felt weak I pushed myself and told myself I would recover. I started meditation and listening every day started to help me focus on ways to breath, how to improve my energy and positivity. I also started doing things I enjoyed doing and threw myself in at the deep end. Finding ways like this to improve myself mentally, also changed my body physically along the way. I told myself I was no longer going to be a prisoner to this illness, this negativity and I pushed
  • Posted

Telling yourself this everyday will help you mentally.eating the right foods, also natural remedies helps. I use oils that have also helped the panic. If you need any info pls feel free to ask. It will get better. The first positive step is what your doing now and that talking about it. Keep up the good work x
    • Posted

Any info you feel would help I'll happy have
  • Posted

Although, this isn't what you asked for, would you possibly be able to describe your symptoms. It's just I am worried about anxiety as well.
  • Posted

hi i've had aniety so bad that i couldn;t function. Venlafaxine at ahigh dose has shut it down and I have a normal retired life with my  dogs. I have to stay on a high dose for 2yrs then I will gradularly decrese and see then how I cope.
  • Posted

Taking Paxil for a year was the only way I was able to overcome severe anxiety years ago. (I ended up in ER from chronic hyperventilation syndrome. I could not take a deep breath no matter how much I tried to calm down. I felt like I was going to pass out from lack of oxygen). I think Anxiety becomes like a bad habit that's really hard for the brain to break, and taking meds is like doing a reset on the computer. It shows your brain what normal is like again. I weaned myself off after a year, and now I rarely have really bad attacks. If I do, I take half a Xanax and that does the trick. 
    • Posted

I've been on meds for 17 years came off them to start a family few months later things got bad, no meds are helping this time 😢
    • Posted

Hi cleora I've been on meds on and off for year's, I have found one of the best things that has helped is a book called self help for your nerves by Dr Clair weeks is amazing I have read many books on anxiety but allways come back to this one, whenever I reply to a post I mention this book as it really helps to take the edge of anxiety. if you are unable to take meds this is really the best course to take as I have had many anxiety free episodes due to this book. Good luck with starting your family and getting well xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.