Positive recovery after helicobactor pylori

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi has anyone had any positive recovery after helicobactor pylori. I know 2 people that have had it and seem ok. Yet I had it , done the antibiotics which was hell and have lost a lot of weight and still don't feel right . Is this normal I'm still on omeperzole but feel something after I've eaten. I have a clean diet now , does any one have any positive or helpful things that can help me. Also they do not retest at my Dr so feeling anxious about that also.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi I tested positive done course of antibiotics and still in some pain in upper left abdomen.since this my mind has ran away with itself I'm convinced I've got some sort of cancer it's horrible.im on omeprazole

• Posted

Snap Jason, my mind is all over . I am constantly concentrating on every burning sensation and also when I do eat my stomach feels irritated and I can never get in touch see a Dr . How long ago did you have the antibiotics? Have you read about mastic gum ? Or tried any natural supplement.
    • Posted

I about 5 weeks ago I stopped but didn't really get the stomach pain till I started the antibiotics.and since then it's not gone away and I've googled I know I shouldn't but all mine leads to some sort of cancer and I've seen 5/6 different GPs they don't seem concerned but I just can't stop worrying..what are your symptoms and how r you feeling family ?

• Posted

You sound exactly like me , I Googled till I was crazy and shouldn't of really . My stomach feels raw is the only way I can describe it when I eat . I'm getting burning in the top part of chest on the right side but can go under the arm so I'm not sure that's related am waiting for physio as I had a trapped nerve in my right arm last year. The only symptom I had before antibiotics was burning in my stomach but now I'm bloated I dare not eat stuff I bought books of amazon . Yet there plenty of people who do get over it and it just take time. My family are supportive but I get fanatical now about good bacteria ha.

• Posted

Hi Michelle

things do get better. I did the triple course of the antibiotics and yes that was hard but have been completely cured!

I just take a ppi occasionally because it was discovered that I had a hiatus hernia which occasionally causes acid reflux.

I hope you make a full recovery.

Best wishes for the future

• Posted

Hi Rosie , thank you so much for replying and giving me some comfort . Did you get retested ? My stomach still gurgles now and again . I am just trying to go a day without omoperzole first day today . How did you know about the hernia ? Do they do anything for that. Thanks again hunni.
    • Posted

Hi Michelle, I did get retested because I had bad stomach pains and reflux. It turned out this was due to gastritis which can be caused by hp and was still active. The retest confirmed that the hp was gone but showed that I had the hernia, this is what was allowing the reflux.

I have tried not to take ppi's but do find I get a bit of reflux after a few days as the hernia will be with me for the rest of my days. I'm happy to stay on the ppi's

Hope this info helps

• Posted

Thanks Rosie if you don't mind me asking did you tested by stool sample ? How do they know if you have a hernia. Have you heard of cabbage juice for ulcer healing ? Hope you don't mind me saying . I've come across alot since having HP I got a bit obsessed but I suffer from anxiety so of course I went into frenzy. There is also something called zinc carnisone on Amazon they have great reviews for that also . I'm currently taking Brussels sprout extract as there is something in it that helps fight HP but has loads of other great benefits also I take probiotics for good bacteria and plenty of live natural yogurt. Hope you don't mind me mentioning the supplements just a thought.

• Posted

Good morning

I had a gastroscope, as I am over 55 it's routinely done, that's how they found out about the hernia. I don't take anything other than the ppi and have been perfectly fine. Perhaps I was one of the lucky ones, however I eat an apple and banana with natural yoghurt and a squeeze of honey for breakfast everyday and have healthy lunches with salmon or prawns for some protein. Might be worth a try.🤞

• Posted

You were lucky from what I've read but there again I think googling is more gloom and doom. As long as your ok with them Rosie , that's the main thing . Yes I eat fruit and yogurt also with honey, I ate alot of active manuka honey after treatment. Take care Rosie , was nice to speak to someone with a positive outcome .

• Posted

Are you feeling any better yet, I'm feeling rough after 7day course of Helicobacter Pylori too. Been off the medicine for 10 days.

• Posted

Hi louise yes I'm feeling better , like you I felt dreadful like crap to be honest for a good couple of weeks after antibiotics. I take probiotics of strong doze and vitamin c. Need to put some good bacteria in gut . Eat plenty of natural yogurt also with more live probiotics and have actimal. I lost my appetite for a good month lost weight still am but slowly now. I eat alot healthier too . Hope this helps you I felt like I was alone and didn't know what was normal or not. Please message any time for reassurance I know how awful it is.

• Posted

I've spoken to the doctor and he has given me Omeprazole, as I've had acid reflux and overwhelming tiredness at times. I've been off work. I feel it's never going to get better at times. Yesterday I had a sore feeling in my upper stomach. I'm definitely not my normal self. The doctor said it could be stress. I can't be like this forever. I also have thrush on my tounge.

• Posted

There is still hope I'll get there.

• Posted

Hi Michelle, have you started to gain any weight yet? I'm loosing abit of weight, 2 weeks and 4 days after anti-biotics. Admittedly, I have less sickly this week and a few more promising toilet trips, but more tiredness and weakness. I think there is a slight improvement this week. Fingers crossed it stays that way, just watching how I go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.