Positive Rheumatoid Factor reading 26 ? Could it be from Cellulitus Nerve Damage

Posted , 2 users are following.

Can any body help please ???

Had Cellulitus in Feb this year , really bad infection from suspected mosqitoe bites whilst on holiday in Goa India.

Back/Forth to the GP with general feelings of not being well at all , also diagnosed with nose polyps in June, constant daily headaches,not sure if related to the NP,s stiff neck, nausea , stomach ache , originally burning only in lower legs, both had infection in them ,then burning starting in thighs and this has never gone, a feeling of coldness on the outside of thighs, now in my shins ,very weird either really cold or burning, tops of both knees on fire , tingling in feet,but mainly in big toe on each foot.

Never had bloods done initially , had done a few weeks ago and still waiting to see Rheumatology, GP said i don,t know what the problem is,  there,s many autoimmune disorders. I,m left trying to do own research on Google, i have found general negative RF readings are around 10 anything over is a positive reading mine is 26 ???

Has anybody had this ? Is there a connection ? Autoimmune disorder ?

Tracey

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tracey, I was diagnosed with Cellulitis in the Philippines last April. I was in hospital with I.V. antibiotics and the infection eventually cleared. The swelling did not go down (calf and ankle) and on return to UK I tried Physio, alternative medicine and various creams and antiinflammatory remedies. The GP was not able to help I'm afraid but he did send me for RF blood tests which proved negative. With excercises and massage from the Physio (self referred) and alternative meds my leg is almost back to normal after four months. An added complication was that I had radiotherapy for prostate cancer last March which could have weakened my immune system or damaged the Lymphatic drainage. Hope this is helpful.

• Posted

Hi David, i had all antibiotics, and antibiotic Fucidic acid cream, the cream got rid of all the the very dark red marks.I am a sports therapist so have knowledge on massage/treatment ect.my legs both look normal tbh,but i am getting daily back ache, and wondering if there,s some connection with lumber L3-L5 region because of the nerve route it,s traveling,but my GP won,t give me an X-ray to see the extent of wear/tear , which is frustrating, at least i could rule this part out, I had one done for my neck because of the headaches,and it showed excessive wear on C5 and T1, which with sports therapy treatments, i can alleviate some of the tightness in the areas which impact around these points.

I beleive that because my RF is positive , something inflamatory is going on for sure, just in limbo if it,s the nerve damage from the cellulitus or both tbh.

I also feel that my immune system has weakened,just need to see rheumatology to do further tests.

I do hope that your,re in recovery from the big C.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.