Positive stories

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

I have just started this med and there seems seems to be no positive s on this forum whatsoever.

I could really use some positive stories about this med right now

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have also just started took it for 1 week with citalopram 20mg and 37.5mg ven

Then another week 10 mg citalopram 75 mg venlafaxine and since Saturday 75mg of venlafaxine x2 a day today I can feel the anxiety pains coming back in my chest and throat was at docs yesterday my blood pressure was quiete low so now getting blood tests canny one please give me positive feedback about this medication also as I'm I'm getting doubtful.

• Posted

My positive is I wouldn't be alive today if I hadn't taken this medication 😊
  • Posted

There is a thread started by emma1605 called "Venlafaxine The Positives!" last responded to about two months ago. There are a lot of good stories there, including mine.
  • Posted

A positive from me. I've been on venlafaxine for more than 6 years, and it's been very effective in treating my depression and anxiety. No troublesome side effects either. However, when I had a relapse after a few years, caused partly by loss of job, the psychiatrist added mirtazapine, again effective with no added side effects. I'm still on both drugs, and I've been well for more than a year now.
    • Posted

Hi I have just seen your reply! I am currently taking 30mg of Mirtazapine and 75mg of Venlafaxine for post natal depression! The Venlafaxine was started alongside the Mirtazapine nearly three weeks ago and I've been feeling great and back to myself however now all of a sudden I'm anxious again and have this horrible churning knot feeling in my stomach all the time! I'm really sad because I've been feeling great on this combination! Did you have any effects like this? What should I do xxxx
    • Posted

Hi Charlotte! My advice would be to try to ride it out at the moment. In my experience, depression and anxiety always goes through ups and downs, the recovery is not smooth. Your churning knot in your stomach could well be the anxiety. Venlafaxine, like other antidepressants, can take up to 6 weeks to fully kick in. Try to relax, and try not to worry about the anxiety because that makes it worse! I know that sounds glib, but I do know what it feels like, I've been through postnatal depression myself - twice. You have your child to care for, and that increases the worry. If you are too concerned, I suggest you go back to your doctor.

I wish you well

Pixie

• Posted

Thank you for your reply! I have just been to see my doctor who prescribed me propanalol for the anxiety symptoms just hope the anxiety will shift! I do think I am my own worst enemy because I sit and worry all the time about the anxiety keeping myself busy seems to help! I am so much better than I was a few weeks back though because I couldn't even interact with my son at all and regretted ever having him (even though he was planned) but now I love him and have my bond with him! I just hope the anxiety will go soon because I've been feeling so great since starting the Venlafaxine I hope it's just a passing phase xxx
  • Posted

I have said in one of my many posts about Venlaflaxine that it was the only med to touch my depression and it kept me out of hospital and me family together.

I was well on it and learned to tolerate the side effects.

I came off it as I thought I was better but 7 months on I now take duloxetine. Helen

• Posted

Thanks all.

I've heard it's a great drug but so many negatives online but who would go on line if they're enjoying life again? . Also I'm on the immediate release and most online feedback seems to be about the extended release

• Posted

Hi Chris I'm at the same stage as you I'm 3 weeks on it but this week it's just been the 75 mg 2x a day and I can feel the difference but I'm trying to stay positive and keep telling myself I will get better it's only anxiety the more I fight it the worse it will be. My doctor also gave me diazepam bit I'm reluctant to take them as I have enough going on without getting addicted to that chin up we will get through this 😊
  • Posted

This drug saved my life. From 1989-1995 I was extremely ill with depression and they tried many combinations before this one was invented. None worked. I went on the maximum dose and it took me from non-functional to being able to work in a highly competitive career and have three children with no relapse for nearly 20 years. I've just come off it because the depression seems to have gone, not because of problems with the drug.
    • Posted

That is a good thing to hear. Do you know what your dosage was?

I went from 150 to 225 mg last month and i feel bad about it... becoming more dependant on something. And I am still not feeling great so maybe I need more? I want to talk to my doctor but I am scared of taking something for the next 10 years and during future pregnancies...

• Posted

Iv taken this for above ten years. This drug saved my life. If you think you need it increasing more, be brave and say. Don't do what I did which was ignore all my symptoms. After being honest with myself, I got the help I needed x
    • Posted

375mg for about 9 years, then 300mg for about 5 and then tapering down every few years. I stayed on the drug for so long because the depression had been so severe. My advice would be to get yourself well on whatever dose is required.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.